2024 NRL Review.

james Cutler

3 hours ago, james Cutler said:

Tigers / Raiders. 48 / 24  Top game. The young Tigers were brilliant. One Tiger copped the sin bin. When is the NRL going to wake up. Fine the players. No sin bins unless it is really nasty play. If you hit the players in the hip pocket, they will eventually wake up.

pretty bs sinbin. how good was AD's try after 14~ mths in rehab after the 3rd acl. wow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, james Cutler said:

Tigers / Raiders. 48 / 24  Top game. The young Tigers were brilliant. One Tiger copped the sin bin. When is the NRL going to wake up. Fine the players. No sin bins unless it is really nasty play. If you hit the players in the hip pocket, they will eventually wake up.

Players need to learn not to do what they are being sent off for. If a fine does it, that's OK, but what stops a coach giving instruction to take out a key player and the club covering the fine?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james Cutler said:

@Steve0 Simple. Fine the Coach. There are a lot of people who go to games to watch their favorite players. If a player receives four weeks suspension, people are not going to go.

There would be other ways around it. Other players might all chip in. A sponsor might pay (or give a player a high paid job while they are suspended). A rich fan might do the same. You can be sure the NRL bosses thought through options to keep the game fair, fans happy and grounds full, as well as protecting the league and themselves from lawsuits.  Probably uppermost in their minds is avoiding a concussion class action, like AFL is suffering at the moment. They would be trying to find a balance but erring towards safety.

• Like 1

I don’t bother watching it most of the time , they have ruined the game with technology and it is more like NFL now - constant stoppages. Supercars has gone down the gurgler as well - beginning to wonder why i even own a tv these days . 
As far as i’m concerned the bunker should only be looking to see if the ball is lost or makes contact with the ground when a try is scored and that is only if the ref can’t see it - the rest should be left to the refs and if they miss something then so be it . We don’t need 400 cameras at a game either ,  go back and watch a game from the late 70s or early 80s - it was so much easier to watch .

Edited by XD351
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, james Cutler said:

Safety is paramount these days. Some of the sin bin offences are ludicrous. The bunker is a disaster. The amount of players who milk penalties is not on. Some of the NRL hierarchy have never played rugby league.

Because it’s a business, you don’t have to be an ex player to run it as a financially viable sport. Milking penalties is another sad fact in the game, unfortunately it’s impossible to say whether a player is faking or not……until the whistle goes, then they jump up smiling. The sin bin AND a big fine is probably the best option for blatant  foul play.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 10:08 AM, Derny Driver said:

I can hardly stand to watch the games these days due to the refereeing. Maybe its my imagination but I see the ref give all these 6 agains to a particular team when they are near the opponents try line, its a massive advantage and always ends up in the team with all the extra possession scoring. Penalties and 6 agains to the favoured team, the other poor buggers get tired from tackling all game. Then with 20 seconds left before half time the ref gives a penalty to the unfavoured team, which of course is useless to them as theres no time to utilise the advantage. And toward the end of the game the ref will square up the penalties by giving the team which is down 20 to nil some 6 agains, on their own goal line, on tackle 1 so that the final penalty count is not so lopsided.

You can watch any game and within the first 10 minutes tell who the favoured team is, and then it plays out. Penalties and six agains late in the tackle count, in the attacking zone to the chosen team ....and after one team is miles ahead on the scoreboard, some pathetic square up penalties which are 100 metres from the try line and on tackle 1 or 2.

State of Origin is the worst. Whats the bet NSW win this one so that we have a live decider for game 3?  $$$

Is the referee told by the NRL who is to be helped win? Are the ref's being bought by Sportsbet? Am I a conspiracy theorist ??? :)

Hate to reply to my own post but its half time at state of origin and its going to script.

First time nsw get in qld s 20 metre zone they get two 6 agains and score. So they are the favoured team. Penalties 3- 1 blues and 5 minutes to go in the first half so ref gives qld a penalty in their own 10 metre zone. Then another one for a lifting tackle. Penalties 3-3 at half time, Qld buggered from tackling all half, 34-0 score and its all over. We have a live decider. 

Ref will help the maroons a bit this half but its too late

Edit: 3 penalties and 6 again early second half to Qld in an attempt to make the score a bit respectable. 

Edited by Derny Driver
  • Like 1

Wayne Bennet took the NRL on today. Talking about everything we have been writing about this week. Injuries, Ref's bad calls the bunker, but most important part of all the paying public One interesting comment, Coaches have had enough.

It will be interesting to see what happens.