Fishing the upper reaches of Manly Creek/dam?

I was hiking the circumference of the Manly Dam area with my partner today and noticed some really nice access to the water that leads into the Manly reservoir/dam area.  It looked quite deep at some points and seems like it would hold fish, but I didn't bring a rod with me so didn't get a chance to fish it. 

Has anyone fished it before or knows if there's any fish there?  I have a hard time imagining the bass/carp/redfin from the dam area making it up here because it gets quite rocky and shallow at points and seems unlikely a fish would make its way this way against all odds...but I could be wrong. 

This is the area I'm referring to:

image.thumb.png.fca3648b75e0de067aa9dc0e87491e3f.png

Here are some pics that I snapped, very nice and serene out there.  Highly recommend even just for a nice hike.  Bring shoes for mud though, very muddy.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0c79708ca124d614c54e5a3ec8da597.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a4bbff64b1bd61e0b4aa6ac69bc79bd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cb9670606b4d442846d74cbdfde251d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d87b129ebf75d60c3bb6eaae12573a32.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aussiefisherman said:

Looks very bass 

It does doesn't it?  I will have to go back with a rod next time.  I've been keeping lookout for freshwater spots ever since seeing your reports a few months back of catching bass out in the creeks from your area.  This was one of the spots I have been meaning to check out for a long time.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, linewetter said:

It does doesn't it?  I will have to go back with a rod next time.  I've been keeping lookout for freshwater spots ever since seeing your reports a few months back of catching bass out in the creeks from your area.  This was one of the spots I have been meaning to check out for a long time.  

Yeah 💯, don't ever think there no fish in there cause the water looks dirty, cause bass can survive in that stuff. And by the looks of it is flowing 2 which helps. Those bass I was catching are land locked 2 so they are pretty hardy fish. That is until a massive flood comes and washes them out of my creek 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, linewetter said:

Some of the small creeks off the lane Cove river would be worth a try for bass also. Not sure what access is like but it appears on Google maps that some are accessible from walking tracks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

Some of the small creeks off the lane Cove river would be worth a try for bass also. Not sure what access is like but it appears on Google maps that some are accessible from walking tracks.

For sure some of those are on my list too….have a long list of small bodies of water I want to check out but just not enough time to split between fishing and exploring. I find that Google maps doesn’t always show all the trails too and the only way to find out is going there. I guess maybe they’re not actual trails and just paths people have created cause I’ve definitely found my way walking paths that aren’t shown on maps or AllTrails either