Bream about

A few showers around yesterday but the forecast says it would clear into the evening. 

Got to the beach 5:00 pm. A few suffers were having their last pedals but no other fishos,so had the beach to myself. 

Packed up around 7:30 because a patch of cloud moving over from the east. 

tally was two bream, one Flathead and kept a large yellowtail for baits. Pilchard was the bait used.

The larger bream was 37.5cm, the other one 33cm. The bluespotted Flathead was just legal at 34.5cm. 

All in all a good 2.5 hour session, beating the weather.

Charles

IMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.b74fb46e9a677c0f86e347598a9219ae.jpegIMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.b74fb46e9a677c0f86e347598a9219ae.jpeg

IMG_2121.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Been a while, @wchh! Nice feed of surf bream and flathead. Never heard of yakkas on the beach, but I don’t do much beach fishing.

Yah, been fishing but haven't posted much recently. I do occasional catch yakkas on the beaches and they tend to be large ones. I normally use them as fresh cut bait straightaway if I stay longer. weather wasn't the best last night so finished earlier.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, slowjigger said:

So not too much kelp?

Not at Maroubra last few days. Could be very different on other beaches, such as Wanda Beach, which is more exposed to the south.

9 hours ago, wchh said:

Not at Maroubra last few days. Could be very different on other beaches, such as Wanda Beach, which is more exposed to the south.

Plus there is a lot of shallow reef near Wanda - probably more kelp to potentially wash in. 

3 hours ago, slowjigger said:

Plus there is a lot of shallow reef near Wanda - probably more kelp to potentially wash in. 

Plenty of kelp on Wanda early last week, so a lot more this week with the big swell coming through.