Finally with boat REPORT FROM FINLAND

JaniFIN

Finally i had time go fishing by boat for couple of hours.

We went with Vili, try catch zanders but did'nt find. So we start fushing redfinns and catch some. Biggest was 39cm/670g.

20240616_154716.jpg

20240616_162027.jpg

20240616_163742.jpg

20240616_163804.jpg

20240616_164529.jpg

20240616_164555.jpg

20240616_175457.jpg

20240616_175812.jpg

• Like 11

• mrsswordfisherman changed the title to Finally with boat REPORT FROM FINLAND

Great to hear from you again Jani. Some very good Redfin there especially the biggest one. Do you catch many around that size? Lovely to spend time on the water with your partner

Thanks for the report. I will look forward to the next one.

bn

14 hours ago, big Neil said:

Great to hear from you again Jani. Some very good Redfin there especially the biggest one. Do you catch many around that size? 

bn

NOT that size usually (anymore), i dont know where they hiding now. About 10 years a go was 2 summer, that i cach many night ten's 30-37cm redfins. Water is now more and more warmer every summer, and they hiding new places what i havent find yet.

4 hours ago, JaniFIN said:

NOT that size usually (anymore), i dont know where they hiding now. About 10 years a go was 2 summer, that i cach many night ten's 30-37cm redfins. Water is now more and more warmer every summer, and they hiding new places what i haven't find yet.

Keep looking for the larger Redfin Jani. Redfin move around in large groups so usually when you catch one, you catch more. They have the ability to live in very cold and very warm water temperatures but probably change their normal habits to suit the available food. Find out what they are eating from looking at their stomach contents. That will help you to find them and offer bait or lures to match what they are eating.

Were you and Vili using bait or lures in your previous post?

Good luck, bn

@big Neil We have bern use only softplastics this summer.

Near bridge is so much baitfish, that they are maby full stomach. Have tu try use sonar better, cant regonised fish size well on screen.

There where i fishing redfins before grow tweed, but now water is more warmer, and have less tweed/tweed is deeper.

1 hour ago, JaniFIN said:

@big Neil We have bern use only softplastics this summer.

Near bridge is so much baitfish, that they are maby full stomach. Have tu try use sonar better, cant regonised fish size well on screen.

There where i fishing redfins before grow tweed, but now water is more warmer, and have less tweed/tweed is deeper.

Weedless soft plastics may be worth trying Jani. Good luck.   bn