Plan on fishing cabirta ferry wharves beach

Not too sure about cabarita wharf. Looking at it on google maps I’m thinking there could be some good night fishing there maybe for jewies bream etc: early morning should be good too. current could be a bit strong there though as it’s right on the main flowing part of the river.

In the parra for soft plastics u can go anywhere basically I usually go around iron cove/bay run all the spots there work good if the fish are biting. King George park or lily field bridge are good. You can also try fishing Bayview park just walk the joggers path towards the left or right side fanning out your casts or fish hen and chicken bay. I always fish these spots on the rising tide. If it’s at dawn/dusk even better. Meadowbank is worth a crack too be mindful of current though. 

Basically anywhere around the parra if there is some structure/canal/drop off nearby might be worth a go. Winter has been quite slow for me though on soft plastics so far not sure about others

2 hours ago, Aussie_fisher said:

Not too sure about cabarita wharf. Looking at it on google maps I’m thinking there could be some good night fishing there maybe for jewies bream etc: early morning should be good too. current could be a bit strong there though as it’s right on the main flowing part of the river.

In the parra for soft plastics u can go anywhere basically I usually go around iron cove/bay run all the spots there work good if the fish are biting. King George park or lily field bridge are good. You can also try fishing Bayview park just walk the joggers path towards the left or right side fanning out your casts or fish hen and chicken bay. I always fish these spots on the rising tide. If it’s at dawn/dusk even better. Meadowbank is worth a crack too be mindful of current though. 

Basically anywhere around the parra if there is some structure/canal/drop off nearby might be worth a go. Winter has been quite slow for me though on soft plastics so far not sure about others

Cabarita wharf has long been a 'no fishing' wharf sadly and the area is regularly patrolled by police- pity, it was a good spot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I usually fish a weedless rigged plastic , either a paddle tail , curl tail , shrimp or jerk shad in a motor oil sort of colour or black if the water is really dirty . Those areas are usually full of jelly prawns and small mullet so try to match the hatch , I use black in dirty water because it gives a better silhouette. Main species are flathead , bream and the odd whiting but tailor , salmon , small kings and  small mulloway also show up from time to time . There is plenty of shoreline access in that section of river but there are a few gated communities which means you have to go around them , best to do some homework on google maps beforehand. You can also fish around Bayview ( wharf was closed last time I was there ) but as with any of these places you usually have to pay for parking .

• Like 1