Had a chuckle

Fab1

11 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

True with fishing as well.

Guys in boats casting up against the shore and guys on land casting as far away from the shore as possible.

Haha, very true GH. Having been guilty of doing both though, I have to say that fishing hard up against the bank is by far the most productive in the river. The buzz when fishing with lures from the boat, casting hard up to the bank (and associated snags) is far more fruitful than fishing the middle of the river. What a lot of folk don't realise though is that fishing right under your feet often gets great fishing when land-based.

bn

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

True with fishing as well.

Guys in boats casting up against the shore and guys on land casting as far away from the shore as possible.

Or that guy with a boat that does both those things and hardly catches anything or even gets out as often as he should.Me.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

Or that guy with a boat that does both those things and hardly catches anything or even gets out as often as he should.Me.

I’ve been guilty of that myself lately haha. Hard to get motivated in the cold and wet.

Posted (edited)

So true @Fab1. As Pete says - those on the rocks cast as far as they can and those of us with boats get as (safely) close to the rocks as we can - usually with similar results.

Edited by Pickles