Slow day at Longreef 27.06.2024

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

An excellent video and soundtrack, yet ordinary fishing. But hey that's the way fishing goes. You guys are living the life, great boat, great opportunities to come.

Looking forward to your next adventure on the high seas when, hopefully, the fish will turn up in numbers. Till then stay happy...

Cheers, bn

Thanks BN ! ... we try ... and if that does not work ... we'll consider having a drink and trying again 🤪.

Cheers Zoran

• Haha 1

Nice feed there Zoran! 

Is that the same camera you used in your previous vids? 
it looks clearer. Maybe just the positioning.

need to see a chest mount cam next for POV shots! 😉

11 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice feed there Zoran! 

Is that the same camera you used in your previous vids? 
it looks clearer. Maybe just the positioning.

need to see a chest mount cam next for POV shots! 😉

Thanks Chris. I used insta360, GoPro and iPhone footage. This is the second outing for the insta360 x4 camera and yes it has been repositioned. Maybe its the better lighting?

I experimented with chest mounts previously for skiing but not for fishing. Who knows what the future will hold 😛

cheers Zoran 

5 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks Chris. I used insta360, GoPro and iPhone footage. This is the second outing for the insta360 x4 camera and yes it has been repositioned. Maybe its the better lighting?

I experimented with chest mounts previously for skiing but not for fishing. Who knows what the future will hold 😛

cheers Zoran 

The Insta’s a great cam eh

i like how you can zoom and pick your camera angles post recording.

I find the GoPro has a clearer image though. 

If you already have a chest mount, definitely worth mounting on your GoPro - love to see the rod bend and hear the reel screaming.

4 hours ago, Larkin said:

The Insta’s a great cam eh

i like how you can zoom and pick your camera angles post recording.

I find the GoPro has a clearer image though. 

If you already have a chest mount, definitely worth mounting on your GoPro - love to see the rod bend and hear the reel screaming.

Yes... I'm very impressed with the insta360 capabilities. I was treated to the new X4 and again I'm very impressed with the clarity. Where I have it mounted now I am pretty sure to capture any events around the boat - eg whale breaching.  I've tested zooming in all directions and wow ... 

I still have my GoPro 5 mounted under the hard top looking down and out across the rear deck just have to remember to hit record !

Well there wasn't much rod bending / reel screaming on the last outing for sure. One problem with chest mounts is that it's almost a guarantee that the person wearing the camera will NOT get the big fish !  🤪

4 hours ago, GordoRetired said:

Looked like a real nice day on the water. None of that messy chop. And you bought home a few fish so life is good. 🙂 

Thanks Gordo ... you still tied up with all the golf and walking stuff ?? ... As I said previously - there's not much nutrition ... or taste in golf balls !

Cheers Zoran

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2024 at 9:57 AM, zmk1962 said:

I think you have the answer right there LF  🤷‍♂️  .... Maria wasn't that interested in winter outdoor activities, or heaven forbid snow sports - that's until we did a look see trip to Canada .. now she's hooked ... and there's no holding her back.

I've said it before - be careful what you wish for .... but never stop trying. Life is short.

Cheers Zoran

PS - @mrsswordfisherman Donna you asked me to post about this passtime previously ... as you can see there's a lot of footage that can seem repetitive - unless you are into skiing. Perhaps I should do a stacks and crashes compilation 🤔

Awesome 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks Gordo ... you still tied up with all the golf and walking stuff ?? ... As I said previously - there's not much nutrition ... or taste in golf balls !

Cheers Zoran

Still playing 3 times a week, trying to keep myself reasonably fit now that I have hit 69.... 🙂  As for eating golf balls, very true.

• Like 1