Advice on dads birthday present (new reel)

juicy233

Hi All, it's my dad's birthday in a weeks time and his reel (daiwa crossfire lt 4000) has completely seized up and is broken. I am looking for any advice on a reel around $150 to 200 to pair with his Shimano maikuro 6'10 2-5 kg rod. I was thinking about a Shimano nasci as I have one but the drag clicker has given me some grief so I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. Cheers

If it’s a 2-5kg rod I’d pair it with a 2500 reel rather than 4000. Nasci is a bang for its buck probably the best value for money. I use a miravel and find it to also be a very nice reel in your budget since you want alternative options.

• Like 1

yeah id definitely put a 2500 reel on it he just had a 4000 on it before for some reason and ill probably go with the nasci, I've just had some small annoying problems with my drag clicker getting jammed but im sure thats just a one off thing

3 hours ago, juicy233 said:

yeah id definitely put a 2500 reel on it he just had a 4000 on it before for some reason and ill probably go with the nasci, I've just had some small annoying problems with my drag clicker getting jammed but im sure thats just a one off thing

You should get it checked then thats probably an issue with your reel rather than the model