Sydney Harbour report

G'day Raiders, 

Have managed to get out on the boat once and have had a few land-based sessions in the last week with varied success. 

Session 1 & 2- North Harbour Luderick 

The Luderick have been on fire this Winter. This particular session started with collecting cabbage and hair weed from the local and heading to a spot in North Harbour. A few handfuls of burley later, I already had the blackfish cruising up and down the wharf I was fishing. Lots of action and feeding, shown by the flashes of their white belly as they try to get the weed off the bottom. Ended up with 8 in about two hours. The second session was much the same, but with my dad. I was outfished 5 to 4, but mine were much bigger and fatter, the biggest going 46 cm. 

Session 3 - Multiple locations

Went out with the fam and the dog to fish the harbour. Began with burleying up off the southern tip of Clifton Gardens, with only one small flathead caught. We moved on to the Sow and Pigs and once again burleyed hard. Mum and dad managed to catch around 25 medium sized trevally in about an hour, as well as a solid flounder which came home for dinner. After a while we got sick of catching them and moved on to have some lunch and anchor up near a drop around Fairlight. We managed to get a nice size flathead while eating lunch. We then moved on to Quarantine Point where we caught a bunch of slimies for future trips, as well as some huge yakkas. We ended the trip around at Old Man's Hat, where the huge yakkas and medium sized trevally exhausted our bait supplies. All in all, a good trip, with everyone content with the day. 

Session 4 - Southern Northern Beaches 

Sessions four was a beach fishing session on one of the southern beaches of the Northern Beaches. Started off by catching a handful of beachworms, which were all small to medium in size but very confident. Converted the worms into roughly 8 whiting, two of which came home for dinner. No other species caught which I found a bit strange as I usually get a bit of a mixed bag. Fishing the back of high tide in a close deep gutter with a light paternoster. 

No photos unfortunately 

• Like 22