Yakka around Captain Cook Bridge VIA kayak?

Hi everyone, as the name says, I'm keen o catch some yakka to use as live bait. I have a kayak and can access the captain Cook bridge on the water (if it helps) - any suggestions on location, berley and method? The nearby jetty is always packed and might be option to do your usual berley with bread and drop a tiny hook with bait down but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck just berleying and catching yakka whilst on the water so you can then just send it straight out.

Cheers!

I don’t fish the Georges but most of the time if there’s some structure like a wharf enough berley will bring yakkas. Best time is early morning and dusk. Use sabiki rigs. I just put prawn or chicken on the hook and sometimes coat the chicken in some flour to help it stay on better. To make the berley I think cat food mixed with tuna oil is good you can throw in additional stuff like bread, prawn head etc: if u want. 

I have  never seen yakkas caught at either the Georges ramp pontoon or the wharf neerby.  I often get them at Yowie Bay wharf but mostly on site when  fishing B Bay for mulloway.  I also keep a few other species (especially trumpeter) as sometimes they can be just as effective.   Ron 

Don’t get them there. You can get herring and the odd mullet but that’s it. Easiest place for them are the wharfs throughout the hacking at night. Yowie, Wally’s and Cronulla ferry being the better ones