First Tinny

marks1984

G'day all,

We are thinking about buying our first boat we are only looking for a 12 - 13ft tinny fitted with a motor, sounder ect nothing special. We are thinking to spend around that $7K mark so i am not expecting anything super dooper, but for that money are we expecting something that needs alot of work or this is about the going rate.

Thanks

I may have something that might interest you.0e1Havilland tinnie. It's pretty old but in exceptional condition , in fact when I bought it a couple of years ago I considered it museum quality and too good to use in salt water.

I bought it to fish Bermagui river so transported it down there. I bought it with fully registered trailer in great condition 13" wheels and bearing buddies submersible lights  etc nothing to spend on trailer. I used it with oars for one trip up the river than bought a new watersnake transom mount electric motor and 85 amp hour battery, used it with this for another trip and decided to purchase brand new Mercury 5hp 4 stroke motor.

So what you would be getting is 13 ft tinnie that does not leak one drop of water sitting on a fully registered trailer which does not need anything done to it with a brand new 5hp Mercury 4 stroke that has done less than 5 hours work and a electric trolling motor that has done approx 3 hours work, will throw in anchor, rope , and a few rod holders so you will virtually be getting a fully set up fishing rig ready to go .

The boat is down Bermagui and I could take you down there and if you wanted we could go down the river for a fishing try out.

I am asking $5.500 for the full set up so well under your budget and you are getting vertually brand new running gear.

The boat is not registered and does not need rego with 5hp motor and it goes quiet well with 2 people in it.

rogerstinnie1.thumb.jpg.edc0196d7a5194b18a9f7276416252a9.jpg

orrogerstinnie3.thumb.jpg.ee88459fb61e46fac7079b8f49f7e739.jpg

Let me know if you want to arrange a trip down to Bermi to check it out. No issues if not what you want.

Frank

Sorry lights are on detachable board not submersible, but could supply submersible lights if needed. You would have money left over for sounder etc.

rogers timmie 2.jpg

Edited by frankS
  • Like 4

On 7/22/2024 at 10:08 AM, marks1984 said:

We are thinking to spend around that $7K

plenty of great boats with good motors and trailers for $7k

My tips

Newest motor possible (9.9hp minimum and add Hp per person eg 4 people would be a 15hp minimum)

service receipts for outboard and maitenance

High sides in a tinny is great for comfort and strength

Fully fitted is nice, lights, Sounder, bait board and rod holders

its a buyers market at the moment with cost of living, prices have dropped 30%

seascape tinnie 4.2m for sale ******7285. batemans bay nsw. | Tinnies & Dinghies | Gumtree Australia Eurobodalla Area - Batemans Bay | 1326178187

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FYI. 4KW = about 5.5hp

https://www.nsw.gov.au/driving-boating-and-transport/boat-and-vessel-registration/how-to-register#toc-check-it-needs-registering

You need to register a vessel to use on NSW waterways if it:

• has an engine of 4kW or more
  • is 5.5m or longer (with or without an engine)
  • is a personal watercraft (PWC)
  • needs a mooring licence or marina berth.
  • Like 1