Weekend Bassin'

Hooky.

G'day Raiders

Been a while since I've posted a report, just too lazy I guess. :1yikes:

Anyway I took Ozy for a spin in the canoe for a bass bash on the weekend and yes there were bass but I tell ya's what, when you see a wombat checkin' ya' out and laughing at you whilst retrieving a lure from a tree, it makes the whole day worth while.....bass or no bass. :thumbup:

post-9-1138617595_thumb.jpg

Best for the day went 38cm on the tape.

post-9-1138617653_thumb.jpg

Pic of the smallest.

post-9-1138617697_thumb.jpg

Anyways, that's all I've been up to lately.

I've been going back to doing the fresh water stuff of late and more in the future with the trout as well which I enjoy so much more than the salt.......less cleaning to do afterwards. :biggrin2:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

Nice fish there Hooky, I can't wait to have a crack at the bass myself.

That it is indeed a black Buggi Pop. I picked up the same lure over the weekend, along with a Bubble Pop. Nice bag by the way Hooky. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Well done Hooky some nice bass and a wombat to boot! Good to see you gettin back into the fresh, the trout in particular, seen some large browns in wenty falls lake lately and i just scored a canoe so i am looking to do some trolling soon! :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

Hey Hooky,

Some nice Bass there mate, I'm still trying to crack my first.

Is that a Buggi Pop on the bag in the second Pic?? Did you do anygood on the surface or all spinner baits??

Cheers,

David.

G'day Motty

It won't take long to crack your first bass, just keep plodding along. It's a bit like getting your first legal kingy from the Bay. :biggrin2:

That is a buggi-pop and I didn't give it much of a throw but Ozy was "chuckin'" his buggi-pop around and got at least a half dozen good wallops in the first half hour or so and throughout the day but unfortunately nothing connected.

Ozy also lost a decent fish which bent his rod over almost touching the water but the hooks pulled/got spat out. It would have been a ripper of a fish too.

I was using the betts spin and 2" grab for most of the morning.

Nice fish there Hooky, I can't wait to have a crack at the bass myself.

That it is indeed a black Buggi Pop. I picked up the same lure over the weekend, along with a Bubble Pop. Nice bag by the way Hooky.

Shane

G'day Shane it is a nice bag and my sources tell me that there are only seven left in NSW but they are stuck "out back" and won't be retrieved till after stocktake. There are also a couple in Melbourne but that is it. :05:

Well done Hooky some nice bass and a wombat to boot! Good to see you gettin back into the fresh, the trout in particular, seen some large browns in wenty falls lake lately and i just scored a canoe so i am looking to do some trolling soon! :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

G'day trouboy

It's always best in the fresh and there's more to come.

Lake Lyell is my next "boys" trip away so that should be good. :beersmile:

Wenty lake is always good for a fish and I've fished it many times from when we lived in Wenty.

Great choice in getting a canoe, it opens up a whole new world of fishing access but do yourself a favour, if you have a spare 250 dollars get yourself an electric motor. They make life a hell of a lot easier. :thumbup:

Love the Wombat picture

Looks like a fun session there Hooky - well done mate

G'day Ken

Old man wombat was a great site. It was just "hiding" behind this log and his head would just follow our every move and it looked like he was just as fascinated to see us. :yahoo:

Also noted all the "industrious" (sp) water hens making there nests amongst all the fallen trees as well as getting........... :1boff: .

Darn males never seemed to give up. :074:

Edited by Hooky.

G'day Shane it is a nice bag and my sources tell me that there are only seven left in NSW but they are stuck "out back" and won't be retrieved till after stocktake. There are also a couple in Melbourne but that is it. :05:

I'm glad I bought mine when I did then. :biggrin2: Do you know if they are being discontinued Hooky? I'll have to make sure I look after it if that's the case.

Did The Iceman manage to get his hands on one?

Shane

I'm glad I bought mine when I did then. :biggrin2: Do you know if they are being discontinued Hooky? I'll have to make sure I look after it if that's the case.

Did The Iceman manage to get his hands on one?

Shane

G'day Shane

They were discontinued when they were in the stores. I believe it was a one off seasonal item but may come back again if we're lucky but maybe not.

I'm helping Andrew get one at the moment, not an easy task mind you when know one wants to ring back with an answer. :thumbdown:

I have one more way of getting one for him but will know more tomorrow.

BTW, I'm getting another one for myself as well to save for later on. :biggrin2:

Actually I might get myself two more. :yahoo:

Morning Guys,

You might want to try Campbelltown Fishing Scene on (02) 4625 5809. I was looking for a cotton cordell, after it was recommended to me for Bass, for a while and I know there are still a few in his shop at the moment. If he's got them and you can't get out this way I'm happy to pick some up and post them out (also hoping to go to the social day if that helps). Hope it's not a dud lead. If I get time this week I'll check in and report back.

Cheers,

Mark.

G'day Shane

They were discontinued when they were in the stores. I believe it was a one off seasonal item but may come back again if we're lucky but maybe not.

I'm helping Andrew get one at the moment, not an easy task mind you when know one wants to ring back with an answer. :thumbdown:

BTW, I'm getting another one for myself as well to save for later on. :biggrin2:

I hope this isn't another "Berkley hoax" :mad3: because I came across three today and panic bought them :biggrin2: .

No worries Iceman. sorry it wasn't any help... I don't know where everyone's from yet so just ignore my dud advice till I get a feel for where people are (OR I remember to check the area on your post - How dumb do I feel??? HAHAHA)... *DOH*

Edited by Muddy4x4

G'day Shane

:074::ranting2::074: I missed the "nice bag" comment from an earlier reply, I thought you were talking about Buggi Pops.

:05:

:074::ranting2::074: I missed the "nice bag" comment from an earlier reply, I thought you were talking about Buggi Pops.

:05:

:074: Nice one Ozy. Now I'll know who to ask if I can't find any stores that stock Buggi Pops. :biggrin2:

Shane