Cheap tyres

noelm

Just a timely warning with summer coming up….most trailers these days have rubbish, Chinese tyres on them. Just yesterday I noticed one tyre was looking a bit low, so, I decided to inflate it, dragged out the compressor, hooked it all up, put the gizmo on the valve and the valve stem just flew off….damn, no worries, I will put the spare on, then take it to the tyre service, bugger me, the valve on the spare is all perished too, a bit of a “jiggle” and it started leaking, now I was in big trouble, just for kicks, I jiggled the other side valve stem, and it just clean broke off in my hand……these tyres and stems are at best 2 years old, kept under cover when not in use. I took all three to the tyre place, the guy said they do some every day with Chinese tyres (that have Chinese tubeless valve stems fitted) lucky for me it didn’t happen out on the road. So, now is the time to give the trailer a Quick Look over.

Edited by noelm
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mate 

I will have a look at my now, my trailer is 2012 getting old I know but I think it was made here in Aus, but the could be using imported parts I guess.

Brian 

• Like 1

Gotta be careful what tyres they put on your rims as well , i had to replace mine a few years back and they fitted low profile tyres that didn’t quite have the weight rating so after it played with my mind i finally relented and replaced them with a heavier constructed tyre that i chose from another retailer .I told the tool at the tyre joint i wanted the same tyre specs as the original even if  they have to order them in but did he listen - no he gave me some cheap crap that even when inflated to the max working pressure looked like they were half flat -needless to say  i am never going back to that store again . 
Jeezus you dodged a bullet there mate !

Edited by XD351
  • Like 1

Most Chinese tyres have the word “double” in the name, my old trailer had (please don’t ban me) “double dong” brand tyres….the ones I have now are double something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2