Improving An Old Tinny

tiny_tinny

Hi all,

I have uploaded some pix of the changes I have made to my old 12 ft tinny, making it a better boat for fishing:

My album

While the results have been more than satisfactory, it is a work-in-progress. Any comments/suggestions/questions would be welcome.

Tight lines and nervous baits,

Mike

Edited by Mike54

That just makes it even more of a challenge. I know a bloke who had a 10 ft tinny years ago and we went fishing and crabbing a few times. It was cosy and you couldn't take much gear (especially if you started out with a few dillies on board). But he caught just about every kind of fish going around SE Qld from that tinny.

They might have their limitations, but in terms of fun per dollar, you can't beat the old tinny - unless a canoe or kyak is your thing.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Mike54

G'day Mike, and :1welcomeani: to FishRaider.

That's a great tinny you've got there mate. Exactly the sort of boat I'm after myself. You've done a great job with the fitout too with some very nice, practical touches.

Looking forward to reading a few of your reports from sunny Queensland. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Congrats on the boat rebuild looks pretty good, i myself have a twelve footer sea jay and is pretty good in terms of size one idea ive had but havent yet got around to is there are these large bait boxes you can buy from Bias Boating and i was thinking of cutting a hole on top of the bench seat, dig some of the foam out and placing one of these boxes in there, they have a thick fange on top so it will sit nicely in there and you can use the lid as a cutting board plus the foam will insulate the box if you have drinks or bait etc. :1fishing1: