385 Explorer Centre Console

Buzzard

Howd'y guys,

Thought I'd show you a few pics of my 385. I bought the hull about 3 weeks ago and have been very busy after work on the mig and rivet gun since. Launched at Bayview on Sunday morning for the first time. Stable, Solid, Comfortable..for only a few $ :1fishing1:

post-1662-1139180752_thumb.jpg

post-1662-1139180775_thumb.jpg

post-1662-1139180792_thumb.jpg

post-1662-1139180801_thumb.jpg

post-1662-1139180825_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buzzard

Thanks Ken,

All the super structure is in, although I've still got lots of finishing touchs. I've plumbed a bait and kill tank plus beilge pump all under the floor which I've gotta finish off. Plus install a console locker...and so on.. I was thinking of making a fold down casting platform in front of the console seating..If anyone's got any suggestions or recommendations they would be appreciated!

Thats funny - i launched next to you as you were retrieving - we had a quick chat

cheers

Ben

Small world ??? or is it that there are so many Fishraiders around :yahoo:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Howd'y guys,

Thought I'd show you a few pics of my 385. I bought the hull about 3 weeks ago and have been very busy after work on the mig and rivet gun since. Launched at Bayview on Sunday morning for the first time. Stable, Solid, Comfortable..for only a few $ :1fishing1:

Nice work in progress going on there buzzard :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Nice work there Buzz,

Its a lot of boat for a 385 ! Never seen a center console in one thats for sure. I like it, very nice.

One question for you, what made you opt for that size hull though. Would have a 435 hull added much cost ?

G'day Grant, Yeah there were a couple of reasons I opted for the 385. Some being I already had a late model Yammi 25 two smoke plus trailer to suit that size boat. And I pretty much enjoy fishing on my own at my own speed, or one other, so I didn't need that much extra space. Luke