Seafood Pig Out

Basserman

went out yesterday and set a few crab pots and have a flick around

started the day with mirror conditions and a nice sunrise

headed the 30mins some 18km upriver to set the first couple of traps and see how the bream were going

got a couple of bream on the unweighted squiddgy bug and small surface lure but all i was able to find were the small ones

checked the traps for nil

so back down river a bit and set the traps in spot H

then ran back down river some more to set a couple of other in the main river and have another flick

this timei had the 1/20 TT head and a wiggler one and proceded to find a few flathead here and there

tide was at the end of the run out so checked again and nil again but that didn't suprise me considering the crabs like the tide comeing in

so across to the other side of the river and uped to a 1/12th nitro and a gulp minnow in smelt

found the flathead alot more willing on this appempt and found myself with 7 nice flathead in the bag for dinner and started to release them all (i only keep flathead form 40cm-60cm)

was getting on by the time i did this so decided to do the long run up river to spot H again and pulled the pots up to find a nice buck and a leagal jenny

back down river to pull the other pots up and bring them in for the day but managed a nice buck down river

re set the pots and decided i will give them a hour and fillet the flatties while i waited (with the knife i found floating up river)

pulled the pots in again without another score but a nice bag of the 7 flathead fillets and 3 crabs so far so back up river to yet again find spot H has worked for me with another two bucks so i decided i will do the right thing for the jenny and release her

good day on the water again with the mid north coast produceing

pic1; son and myself with the crabs and a plate full of flathead fillets

pic2; sink of cooked mud crabs

post-1190-1139282648_thumb.jpg

post-1190-1139282679_thumb.jpg

Edited by Basserman

That's an excellent catch Basserman, well done. :thumbup:

What style of hook do you use for the Squidgy bug when going weightless? Worm style or something else?

Shane

:1fishing1: