Digital Cameras

Ken A

What sort of digital cameras does everyone use these days ?

I use a Fuji Finepix 601Z which I have had for a few years now & I'm happy with it. Max pic size is 3.2 mg which is OK for my usage. I'm thinking about a bigger card for it at this stage. Only have 64meg at the moment.

Here's the best camera for a fisho ...

The Pentax Optio WPi Water Proof Digital Camera is perfect for the active photographer. This camera combines 6 megapixels, a 3 x optical zoom and a 2 inch LCD all in a waterproof body. The Pentax WPi is capable of being used at a depth of 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes at a time.

Wash the fishguts and salt off in a bucket!

There is one on my birthday list already :biggrin2:

i'm still useing my 6 year old sony mavica 10X optic zoom. it uses floppy disks instead of those fancy newfangled cardy things. and is a huge .35 megapixle.

recently i thought the old beast was dying but it turned out to be the 15 year old floppy disks just couldn't handle the pace anymore.

recently i thought the old beast was dying but it turned out to be the 15 year old floppy disks just couldn't handle the pace anymore.

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post:

I honestly didn't think any floppy cams were still around mate :biggrin2: Got a few 8 year old floppies here you are welcome to have :wacko:

G-day Raiders

I have a Olympus Camedia C-770 Ultra Zoom 10 X Optical Zoom 4.0 Megapixels.

Its a small camera with a big zoom lens.

Previously had a Canon EOS SLR camera but haven't touched it since we bought the digital camera.

Cheers

I got the cannon IXUS50.

Me Too.....I really like it.....I use it exclusively at the mo.

have a 256mb memory card

Thats the way :thumbup:

I recntly forked out the cash for an ixus 55.

Hope to get it out on the next fishing session and take a few good snaps. :biggrin2:

Edited by Davy

I have the Pentax Optio WPi that Whitto mentioned - its a great camera. Lots of easy to use functions, quite good photo quality (my flatmate has an expensive Canon which takes amazing shots, but is big, bulky and isn't waterproof) and lots of peace of mind knowing its waterproof when taking shots of fish with wet hands.

• 1 month later...

I got a Fuji Finepix S7000, 6.3 megapixel with x 19 zoom in an SLR body. Takes movies as well (only in 640x480 though). Got awesome features for the price.

I prefer normal sized cameras that have proper lenses on them. You can get 8 Mega pixel camers in really small cameras but the lense size does them no justice.

I had a sony mavica with the floppy drive storage. It was bee's knee's back in it's day. It had resolution of 604x480.

Yeah you can get 15 Megpixel cameras for mega prices

Kingy

• 1 month later...

We just scored a Pentax optio s6 with all the gadgets and whistles 3x optical zoom ,lithium battery and charger ,all the leads for the pc and worldwide connections for wall sockets and a 512 mb card and a card reader from Singapore duty free

Cheers Stewy

Hi guys,

After using rangefinder and SLR film cameras by Kodak, Minolta, Olympus and Pentax over many years, I finally decided to test the digital waters about nine months ago when I purchased a Pentax Optio 60 compact digital.

It's an impressive little camera. Here's what I like about it:

# Compact -- fits in my shirt pocket, so it's always to hand.

# High resolution: 6.0 megapixels.

# Both optical viewfinder and LCD display: it's a real camera; I much prefer looking through a viewfinder than trying to aim the camera at arms length using the LCD display.

# Uses readily available AA batteries -- I use rechargeable NI-MH batteries but Alkaline batteries can also be used.

# Uses SD memory cards: now the most widely used memory card.

# 3X optical zoom (has digital zoom, but I've turned that off).

# Also takes video clips with sound.

# Bargain price: cost $280, plus about $60 for 500 meg card, plus about $60 for four batteries and charger.

# Auto everything, with complete manual over-ride: I leave everything on auto, takes better pics than I do.

I'll probably buy a Pentax digital SLR early next year, when the prices have fallen further, as I'll then be able to use my Pentax film SLR lenses and flash unit on the digital body.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by kenmare

Guest Aron

Well i did have a canon powershot pro1 8.0mega pixals - that was unil my father threw a bucket of water over my wife while she was holding it snapping away at the kids on the sandbar under the Forster Tunncurry bridge at Christmas. :05:

Just purchased a Sony cyber-shot DSC-R1 10.3mega pixals

Anyone want a.........cheap canon?

Edited by Aron