Capt. Cook Bridge

matt_nsw

hey guys,

well i absolutly cut the water to froth lastnight. i threw everything that has been successful in the past for 1 40cm flattie and a lost soapie. (couldn't set the hook with rum in hand) :mad3:

if some of you guys are serious about the up and coming jew night i would stay away from capt cook bridge......or only hit it on the tide change if desperate as that is when i lost the soap and landed the flattie. heaps of birds and bait there but no jew :thumbdown:

either head up milpera/picnic pt way or dump some live yakkas 400m off the 3rd runway.

good luck, i would join you but im off to south west rocks on saturady morning for 2 weeks :yahoo:

hey guys,

well i absolutly cut the water to froth lastnight. i threw everything that has been successful in the past for 1 40cm flattie and a lost soapie. (couldn't set the hook with rum in hand) :mad3:

if some of you guys are serious about the up and coming jew night i would stay away from capt cook bridge......or only hit it on the tide change if desperate as that is when i lost the soap and landed the flattie. heaps of birds and bait there but no jew :thumbdown:

either head up milpera/picnic pt way or dump some live yakkas 400m off the 3rd runway.

good luck, i would join you but im off to south west rocks on saturady morning for 2 weeks :yahoo:

very sad, what happened to the "Jew"el of Sydney!??

very sad, what happened to the "Jew"el of Sydney!??

Water temp to warm for jews at the moment, have been out a couple of times chasing jew in the last couple of weeks. Had 1 good run, possible jew, caught 1 soapie which went back to get bigger and fight another day. Water temp in the bay has been 26 degrees on the first trip thus a very quiet evening session and 24.8 degrees on the last and yet another quiet evening. Bait was fresh squid which normally does the trick but not much to talk about at the moment as far a jew is concerned. I think that the jew have moved out to deeper water which in turn will be a little cooler and might trigger them off to feed. Not sure if my theory is right but might find the time to try it out in the next few days to see if thats the case.

Water temp to warm for jews at the moment, have been out a couple of times chasing jew in the last couple of weeks. Had 1 good run, possible jew, caught 1 soapie which went back to get bigger and fight another day. Water temp in the bay has been 26 degrees on the first trip thus a very quiet evening session and 24.8 degrees on the last and yet another quiet evening. Bait was fresh squid which normally does the trick but not much to talk about at the moment as far a jew is concerned. I think that the jew have moved out to deeper water which in turn will be a little cooler and might trigger them off to feed. Not sure if my theory is right but might find the time to try it out in the next few days to see if thats the case.

certainly makes some sense to me, it has been warm in the bay (and river) for a while now.

Too many reports and pics with the area clearly in the background has had an effect IMO. :mad3::thumbdown:

I have been out to the CCB a few times and have seen plenty of jews on the sounder and they just havnt been on the bite at all very very frustrating. I hope the jewie social will answer a few questions.I think the CCB will always be a good spot even with pisc of the bridge. Every one know that it a good spot much the same as well known spots in the HB that have been producing jews for decades

water temp might have an effect on the small soaps. i guess not on the big ones cause i have heard heaps of reports of 10kg+ jews landed off the 3rd runway on live yakkas latey. i guess the larger ones do as they feel.

i recon the small soaps will be up the river. larger ones near the mouth

luke, not sure on that. last year there were 15+ boats floggin the bridge almost every night i was out there and last year was a cracker season. i havent seen as many this year but i have only been out there 3 or 4 times the last 3 months. before that it wasnt that busy either. glad the kings are close by or i'de go nuts :tease:

water temp might have an effect on the small soaps. i guess not on the big ones cause i have heard heaps of reports of 10kg+ jews landed off the 3rd runway on live yakkas latey. i guess the larger ones do as they feel.

i recon the small soaps will be up the river. larger ones near the mouth

luke, not sure on that. last year there were 15+ boats floggin the bridge almost every night i was out there and last year was a cracker season. i havent seen as many this year but i have only been out there 3 or 4 times the last 3 months. before that it wasnt that busy either. glad the kings are close by or i'de go nuts :tease:

That's cause all you lot caught them all last year :1prop:

Too many reports and pics with the area clearly in the background has had an effect IMO. :mad3::thumbdown:

I fish the hawkesbury and doubt this.

Fish dont grow to 10-20-30-kegs in a location with ten plus boats fishing tight 2 or more days a week, only to be caught on a bait that has been put in front of them hundreds of times before.

Places dont get a reputation cos of a resident population.

Known locations are good locations, you just have to know when, how, and why.

Steve

Guest danielinbyron

hey guys,

?????????????????????

hi mate just wondering... do you ever have any luck on full moons under bridge lights... theres a bridge up here or in ballina that i can spot jew under, on a new moon or when theres very little moon.. but when its full or near full they haven't ever been there..its quite a shallow water bridge that doesn't have allot to offer other than shade but... ps its been a shit season for me this year with nothing over twelve kg and few and far between and all taken off rocks or boat near rocks...

?????????????????????

hi mate just wondering... do you ever have any luck on full moons under bridge lights... theres a bridge up here or in ballina that i can spot jew under, on a new moon or when theres very little moon.. but when its full or near full they haven't ever been there..its quite a shallow water bridge that doesn't have allot to offer other than shade but... ps its been a shit season for me this year with nothing over twelve kg and few and far between and all taken off rocks or boat near rocks...

i have caught jews at this bridge on every moon phase and any tide. actually one of my best nights was on a full moon. with 3 in the boat we landed 8 or 9 soaps biggest going 9kg. it has just been a shithouse summer :1badmood:

?????????????????????

Mate if its the bridge near the break wall I would be going there every night Ive seen jews there also.

When you look up Australian records for jewfish ballina accounted for alot of BIG JEWIES. The bridge is a very good location and I would work my lures along the shadow line on south side of the bridge, and if you can catch a black fish they make fantastic slab baits.

Edited by Sharky

Haven't heard of many jew reports in our usual haunts in the Georges either. In our experience the Jew quieten down over summer proper and come back on in March onwards.

SWR you lucky b*rsted! What a place. Best of luck - keep us posted.

Tight lines.

I agree with the following... the jew season has been very quiet indeed. Last season kicked arse but it wont be like this for long. Everything is cyclic and for all the quiet periods there is a boom period and i reckon its not too far away april/may is my guess.

As Matt said its way too hot for the fish in the river... bream and flats included. It's the same everywhere ATM. Days are too hot best chances for results are in the evenings or deep water