T-top Biminis

Coast_Bloke

After finally getting my new boat (Quintrex Fishrunner 4.4), I have been making some modifications to it.

The current bimini is a 3 bow one, but its seen better days, so i want to get a new one. I am tossing up on a new T-Top one that connects to the centre console from bias. Does anyone have any good bad points about these biminis? Can you lower them enough for travel etc, or do they need to be dismantled.

Your guidance is appreciated.

post-574-1145586245_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast_Bloke

Guest fishrunner

Congrats on the new boat, :thumbup:

You won't be dissapointed with the fishrunner handle alot of conditions very well. I thought about getting one myself for a while and was going to go for the t-top for the simple reason of having no obstructions around any of the gunnels (straps/poles), which would keep the ability of nothing in the way when needed to do a lap round the boat chasing an angry fish :biggrin2: .

The only reason I didn't get one was due to most of the fishing I do involves alot of casting.

As far as I know the poles can slide in and out of each other and are height adjustible but don't know just how low they may go. I have seen a few with the pin type height adjustment where the top pole just slides inside the lower and a pin is screwed in the disired hole at the time. I suppose if req'd you could always substitute the top pole for a slightly smaller diameter one that will do as mentioned. Try and get a look at an assembled one,- possibly a display model to give you a better idea, those guy's will be helpful if they believe a sale is a good chance.

Have fun in the new boat :yahoo: , though I know you will anyway.

cheers

Edited by fishrunner

Guest fishrunner

That's come up a treat Coastbloke, looks great.

Is it height adjustible?, or do you have to dismantle, if height adjustible - will it go down to being just above the console?

Looks like a good improvement :thumbup: , I may rethink putting one on mine :biggrin2:

thanks

Guest bluecod

Welcome to the Fishrunner gang, Coast Bloke! You're going to have a lot of enjoyable fishing trips out of her - not a new fancy machine, but one honest boat irrespective of its age!

The T-Top looks good on her :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I too want to get a T Top - can it be lowered or taken off easily as I have to keep mine out on the street and need to put a cover over it. Also would it be better to put riggers on the t top or off the gunwhales.

Cheers

Ben

Hey Coast Bloke

I think you got my boat's little brother! I only got mine recently too, and am keen to add a t-top before next summer. Would be keen to know if yours is adjustable/removable. Reason being is that the top of my console only just sneaks under the eve of my carport as it is, so I can't have anything taller on it.

Mine's a 5metre fishmaster, but they look very similar. I'd attach a pic but the file is too big.

Cheers

Tim

post-1662-1147327237_thumb.jpgHowd'y Guys

I fitted a T-Top to my 385 and it works really well. No obstruction in casting or wind resistance when travelling. The only problem is the height really, after install my boat doesn't go in the car port anymore :wacko: ...Doh... It takes abit more to tarp the boat up instead, although, the benefits when on the water are worth it :beersmile:

post-1662-1147327460_thumb.jpgAnother Pic