Berkley Dropshot Spin Rods?

cap3

G'day everyone,

They look like a pretty good value spin stick, IM6 graphite, Fuji Alconites and reel seat :thumbup: Campbells have them at the moment for $89.00 so its hard to ignore a stick with those specs at that price.

I'm looking at purchasing a 7ft 2-4kg spin stick in the near future and dont have an awful lot to spend so these rods have caught my eye.

I know you get what you pay for but I fish a fair bit so durability is a concern for me. For an extra $20.00 I can get an IM6 Heartland that is a well proven blank but unfortunately they dont come in 7ft.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Berkley Dropshot rods?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

For an $89 rod, I think the Berkley DS is decent value, the only minor gripe one may have with them is that the putty used to fill up the gaps/holes in the cork comes off in the hands with extensive use. My hands dont sweat profusely but the leftover sunblock might have contributed slightly :1prop:

Matt

Hi Cap,

I have one and love it, it is the best priced rod i own. For a sub $100 rod, you can't go wrong.

I have handled 5-7kg Jewies no problems at all, i have also had some XO salmon and taylor give it a work out and never looked like giving in.

They are a little heavy for all day lure casting, but that is in comparison to a Loomis, so that may be unfair.

I am looking at getting another one soon, as they are a rod that can be used and if it gets punished, at that price it doesn't really matter.

LW

Guest Jewel

Exceptional value for money from what Ive seen, sure its not a Loomis but at 1/4 the price and realistically not stacks behind in performance you cant go wrong.