Sydney Jew Night Session 11/05/06

netic

Hey all,

well at around 6.00pm tonight my mate came around and said lets go fishing, as i don't like night fishing too much said no, after around an hour of busting my balls he convince me to go, so got the boat ready and off we went.

I have a mate that says he is getting jews every night he hits the harbour and has photo's to prove it, but he will not tell me where the hell he gets them from because the last time he told me a spot i was there the next day with everyone i knew fishing it. I believe in sharing spots and not hiding them as in most cases everyone will figure them out anyway.

Anyway got to gladesville ramp by 8pm and went and got some bait , 2 Tailor, 4 Yakkas and 1 squid within an hour, The tailor were 37cm, a little big but we thought hey give it go.

As i was going back down the river i noticed a very familar boat, Its him my mate yelled and yes it was, my Jew fisho buddy, and boy was he spewing when he saw me, I had found his secret spot.

Asked him if he had caught anything and he said no, thought f..ck it anchor up and give it a go, anchored around 30 metres away from him and threw all the baits down....

This is the part i hate about jew fishing.....the waiting.....i am not a pateint man and thats why i chase Kings and dollies....

anyway after around five minutes we hear a rachet for a second...look over and nothing then a second later it buckles and starts to scream, i grab the rod and i am on....after around 5-6 minutes i land my first jew for this year.... weighs in at 11.4 kgs.

Whilst i am trying to get the treble out of his mouth the other rod buckles, my mate grabs the rod and he is on, the first run on his fish lasted around 40 seconds and must have taken atleast 25 metres of line, mind you this is on a rod that has 40lb line and has the drag set at around 5kg, so 40 seconds is a damn good run.

Well anyway after around 5 minutes minutes he loses the fish and he is spewing, never got to see the bastard but he was definately bigger then mine....

Anyway we fish for another hour or so for nothing, after that we decided to leave and as we are leaving my Jew Fisho mate asks for whatver live bait we have left.

as we pull up alongside him we look in and he has 4 jews on board, 1 was massive, must have been 20kg+..... Tell him why didnt you tell me you caught and he gives me some lame ass story...obviously told me he caught nothing so i wouldnt anchor there in the first place and the jews can be all his.

Anyway after that came home and here i am writing the report.

By the way, the spot is at Kirribilli, on the Western side on the bridge around 30-50 metres away from the Luna Park Wharf.... Cause he lied i want everyone to screw his spot up... There are plenty of jews there and obviously 2 hours before and after the tide change is the perfect time. Good Luck Raiders

.... Cause he lied i want everyone to screw his spot up...

you find a good spot and your gonna cruel yourself by telling everyone? each to their own i guess. :05: could be the juno point of the harbour (in more ways than one) :1fishing1:

you find a good spot and your gonna cruel yourself by telling everyone? each to their own i guess. :05: could be the juno point of the harbour (in more ways than one) :1fishing1:

Mate in all honesty, i dont fish for jews too much, and never will get into Jew fishing on a regurlar basis, So me telling people the spot will not harm me at all. I would rather tell fellow raiders and hopefully then next season when other raiders find good king and squid stocks at certain places they might tell me as squid stocks can change from season to season.

Mate i beleive "what goes around comes around" If you help people out in time they will return the favour.

By the way, may I ask what was the jew caught on? Tailor or yakka or squid?

And are there many snags? ( obviously i am planning a session now) :1prop:

last time i fished in the harhour for jewie, lost about 30 sinkers and loads of hooks, but didn't even get a jewie touch.

By the way, may I ask what was the jew caught on? Tailor or yakka or squid?

And are there many snags? ( obviously i am planning a session now) :1prop:

last time i fished in the harhour for jewie, lost about 30 sinkers and loads of hooks, but didn't even get a jewie touch.

The pictured jew was caught on the tailor and the lost jew was on the squid.

Didnt get any snags at all, could have just been lucky

Great work Netic - and nice fish!!

Can't belive that your friend lied to your face - the sad part is that if he had been honest and then asked you not to reveal his spot you probably would have kept the details quiet. Oh well - his dishonesty is our gain!!

Thanks heaps for the info.

Mondo

ahh yes the good old eddie that swirls around the point near kiribilli was a great jew haunt when i fished the harbour seriously for jews all of about three times :tease::tease: . im not a very patient person either. can you imgaine the look on his face when theres 100 odd boats already anchored there when he makes his next trip there!!

nice catch and great tip off!! :1fishing1:

cheers pk

Mate in all honesty, i dont fish for jews too much, and never will get into Jew fishing on a regurlar basis, So me telling people the spot will not harm me at all. I would rather tell fellow raiders and hopefully then next season when other raiders find good king and squid stocks at certain places they might tell me as squid stocks can change from season to season.

Mate i beleive "what goes around comes around" If you help people out in time they will return the favour.

Good work Netic,

Good to see you stick it to your mate,too bad your spare livies didnt

accidently fall over board as you were passing them to your so called

mate. :1prop:

I to believe we should all share spots and info on this site,this can only

produce better fishin for us,and better fishin reports for us all to enjoy.

Good fishing Karma coming your way mate.

:1fishing1: penguin

I would rather tell fellow raiders and hopefully then next season when other raiders find good king and squid stocks at certain places they might tell me as squid stocks can change from season to season.

that's fine... but the reason squid stocks change from season to season is cause the masses are told where the squid are on - they all converge on the same spot - guess what? all fished out, i wonder why? time to find a new spot.

I prefer to keep my cagey squid and jew spots under my belt...

Guest madsmc

bung, there's no need to ruin the report with this rubbish. Everyone who uses this site is free to disclose their fishing locations if they so choose.

If you want to complain about it speak to the moderators, but don't ruin someone's report.

Shane

:1fishing1:

that's fine... but the reason squid stocks change from season to season is cause the masses are told where the squid are on - they all converge on the same spot - guess what? all fished out, i wonder why? time to find a new spot.

I prefer to keep my cagey squid and jew spots under my belt...

I know where to get my squid from and i had to work very hard to figure out how and where to get them from, nobody helped me and i waisted countless hours inspecting shorelines for Weedbeds. I asked everybody (not on this site as it wasnt around then) and nobody helped me with shit.

So if i can stop someone from going through the headache of going through that i say why the hell not.

Mate i have learn 1 thing since i got into fishing and that is that if you help someone out they never seem to forget. And trust me, it does not matter how much you think you know people can always help you out with info.

As to squid stocks, mate they do change from season to season for other reasons then being fished out, Maybe its time for you to visit Squidfish.net and do some research.

I think the best thing about this site is the fact that there are quite a few fisho's who regurlarly post accurate reports and actually do want to help people. Unlike other sites which just seem to be about nothing but Pro Anglers giving us vague reports that are completely the opposite to what really happened.

Mate if you wanna be like my KNOB Jew fisho mate and keep your spots secret, thats your perogative, i choose not too and hopefully i will gain a few mates from helping people as i see fishing as a major part of my life till the day i die.

And rumour now has it that my Jew fisho mate has a second spot that he is fishing tommorrow night....and i am going out on a mission to find him.... So hopefully with any luck i will have a new jew to show you all and another spot to try for everyone.

Edited by netic