Another Jew Report

Guest wayneo

Guest wayneo

hi there raiders

anyway i went out thursday night for a kew session and i must say it was i beautiful night no wind and ferfect conditions.but unfortuanely no jew.had 2 hours sleep and went to our next spot and had some baits out and all of a sudden about 50 or more really big tailor were going crazy beside my boat and i said to my mate something is going to happen coz my livies were not happy down there and then my rod was screaming but for only about 5 secs the jew let go and i waited 5 more mins and checked my livie and he was perfect still alive as when i threw him out.them jews a fussy arent they?ant way fished hard all day with nothing.on fri night it was a bit different to the night b4 as it was soooo cold.anyway we went looking for some new ground and found a nice spot and after going over it 3 times checking the sounder we decided to give it a go.all fresh and live baits down.not much was happening and it was cold so me and my mate decided to go to sleep.about 3 hous later we woke up with my shimano screaming its head off and as i was first up i grabbed my rod.i promised my mate if we hooked up i would let him take it but he was to slow as he was wrapped in his sleeping bag.thats why i dont zip mine up.his biggest jew is 5kg and after he was running and i stopped the fish i offered it to my mate and he said no its your fish you land him.my mate did well by bringing in all the other lines and also did a great job gaffing the jew.he weighed 18.6kg but i thought the fish was atleast 25kg but he was a really dirty fighting fish but not dirty enough.it could have been 2 jews that day but not to worry.we came home early sat morning it was a great day but i was nackered.

cheers wayneo

post-1729-1147682927_thumb.jpg

Guest fishrunner

nice jew there Wayneo :thumbup: ,

Mate you sure put the night's in and seem to get the results :biggrin2:

Well done,

cheers

You certainly put the hard yards in Wayneo, great to see it pays off. I dont think id have the patience to do it. In fact i know i dont, and it is probably why you can catch em and i cant ! :1prop: I admire fishos who can put in the hours to pull fish like that.

Well done

Guest wayneo

thanks grantm

honestly i do put in hours and hours for just 1 fish but as you can imagine thats what its all about.

jew fishing is all about patience and i got alot of it coz i know the fish are there its just waiting for 1 to hit your bait.

my mrs and some mates think im bloody crazy for the amount of time i put in for just 1 fish but i love it hey.

thanks for those kind words

cheers wayneo

Wayneo great read as usual!

A guy my dad used to work with who caught jewies on a regular basis told me that Jewie fishing was a 'pound per hour' kind of activity. Never knew what he meant till I tried it for myself.

Ah well for the rest(less) of us it's bream and flatties on SPs!

I am a good livie catcher though...it's fun enough for my brain-damaged-fruit-bat concentration span. :1prop:

Mike

Guest wayneo

thanks little flatty

im the same with catching livies and when i take a mate with me and we are getting livies i will catch 15 to his 1 hey so when we get livies in 2 or 3 hours we get around 50 or even 70 livies and i have as much fun catching them as i do jewies,work that one out.as long as im in my boat fishing with a mate or even on my own thats all i care about but when i get home its the family who are number 1and thats only 5 days a wk and fishing 2

cheers wayneo

Guest madsmc

Another top quality jew wayno, well done mate.

Good to see you getting the rewards for your efforts.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Guest wayneo

Wayneo -

What do you mean dirty fighter - what was he doing -? going around your anchor line.?... can we have some of the attempted body blow detail?

A very good report - enjoy reading about your successful hunts.

for sure haraka

most jews go hard and run for maybe 100mtrs or so then maybe 1 or2 other smaller runs then when the fish is beside the boat they are just laying there ready to be gaffed.but this fish went hard as and lucky i wasnt at juno or someother places that i normally fish, there because this fish nearly spooled me thats about 250 mtrs then when i finally stopped him he came with me for a bit then he went again and i will say when i 1st stop the fish and start bringing them in i will loosin drag slightly anyway this fish took another 50 or so mtrs off me then when i had about 10 mtrs left the fish went again for maybe 30 mtrs then when the fish was beside my boat ready for gaffing he took off again so what im saying this fish went hard and i thought it was bigger then last months fish and i havent caught 1 for a while so i had to keep him but i was thinking about it later i should have let him go but he has been totally filleted and passed around the family and a few neighbours.

nothing like fresh jew on the bbq

cheers wayneo

youve done it again mate, well done.

we only managed about a dozen soapies, not even a legal amongst them.

i lost a real good fish yesterday though, rubbed me off on the bottom :ranting2: im still crying.

Guest wayneo

youve done it again mate, well done.

we only managed about a dozen soapies, not even a legal amongst them.

i lost a real good fish yesterday though, rubbed me off on the bottom :ranting2: im still crying.

hey jewnut

yeah i lost 1 at juno mate that killed me but that fish i got omg did it go hard normally in boat after 5 mins or so but this was about 15 and what made it worse was it was friggin freezin.where did you lose your fish mate?and what on?who were you with?

cheers wayneo

Hey Wayneo

You're an inspiration mate! Well done on yet another huge jewie. It seems to me by reading through your report that time on the water seems to be the main ingredient of your success.

Do you mind me asking a few questions?

What rod, line and reel you are using.

Is the night better than day?

Seems the big moon didn't worry you this weekend!

I can only get out early mornngs till about 13h00 do the big jews take at this time of the day?

Are you using big gear for big fish?

Once again great fish mate

Guest wayneo

hi there mate

for sure i dont mind answering a few questions.firstly i would say i got a bit of help from my mate glenny coz i was catching 10 jews a night but no bigger than 5kg and he helped me understand how the fish react and the way the chase their food.

i use 10-15 kg wilson live fibre rods

shimano 6500 btr

80lb braid

10o stainless steel hooks or gamakatsus

i have caught more fish of the day then of night and the moon has absolutly no reason for catching them or not carching them.never not go fishing coz there is no moon that is an old wives tale.otherwise you would only fish for jews 5 days a month so forget moons.

and once you get your first big jew they just keep coming serious people say how hard it is to get them but after 1 trip with my mate helping me i just kept getting them all the time even when alone

so do some research and if you get small jews there are deffinately big ones there so keep trying

cheers wayneo

Thanks for the info Wayneo really appreciated.

I use the shimano speedmaster iv and 30 kg mono. Will need bigger hooks but, only got up to 8/0s.

I hope to be going out once or twice this week so will let you know how it goes.