Advice On A New Finder

netic

Hey All,

Thinking about buying a new finder, dont know much about the specs of finders and what to look for, only thing i have use the finder for previously is to measure depth and water temp.

What are the important things to look out for in a finder, how should i compare different finders???

Any assistance would be really appreciated

Hey All,

Thinking about buying a new finder, dont know much about the specs of finders and what to look for, only thing i have use the finder for previously is to measure depth and water temp.

What are the important things to look out for in a finder, how should i compare different finders???

Any assistance would be really appreciated

Hi netic check out this post CLICK HERE

Hi Netic

I am in the same boat so to speak, been doing a lot of research on a fishfinder sounder over a few different sites for a couple of weeks, the general concensus seems to be about 90% in favour of Lowrance X135, the X125 has less power outage so would ne ok for inshore lakes etc, from what I have leaned going the extra dollars for the X135 with extra power is worth the money. A lot of people state the pixal count is the most important issue and both these have 480x480 pixals. Most other brands have 320x240 pixals even the expensive comercial ones. I am now deciding if I should go colour and get the Lowrance X102C has 480x480 pixals but same power output as the X125. Could all come down to the dollars the X125 is about $480 the X135 is about $600 the X102C is about $950.

Hope this is of some help it's a bit of a minefield with differing views out there, but like I said the majority feedback I have recieved is Lowrance as far as value for money goes.

Cheers Charlie