Rex Hunt

Flattieman

yeh, i love his shows. Have read his book too .... he also had so much respect for his wife & seemed a real family man

:1welcomeani: Dougie. My sentiment exactly. I have to admit, I was a bit shocked when I flicked on the news this arvo to see him making his statements on the radio.

Flattieman.

Guest maraudingmado

Hate to say it but the bloke dogged it. Always quick with the 10 commandments but when it came to him he didn't come through. Issues with the wife's health problems by the way I saw it tonight but that's when you prove your worth as a husband.

Sorry for the rant probably like most I was disappointed(but not as much as his family and the loyal Rex fans)

Now getting back to cleaning my glass house...........

Guest Saqa

don't thow stones eh?

He's human (male) after all.. weak .............. tempted.. ( weak actually...like many holier(sp :beersmile: ) than thou sorts)_

Glass breaking...!!!

Actually I think forgive and move on... he isn't our fishing guru leader is he..... but he's done heap of good things... and entertained.

I thinks so too

Have read parts of his book, seems to be Quite unforgiving. This may teach him some humility.I'm glad his wife hasn't got his attitude to those that wrong her!

Howard.

Edited by bluefin

Guest bluecod

I'm glad his wife hasn't got his attitude to those that wrong her!

Howard.

Why Howard? teach him right if she took him to the cleaners. Trust is one thing you don't betray.

Agreed he is entertaining, but he might also appear to be a loud mouthed, juvenile, self opinionated, self admitted sleaze and all-round wealthy scum-bag. Why does he kiss all those fish :1prop:

$1000 a week for eight years and then $50,000 to keep her mouth shut and the slut tried to blackmail him for more.

Hope the tax dept call round and ask if she was including that money in her tax return

Sounds like a business arrangement to me and prostitutes are supposed to pay tax too

Hope shes been filling in her BAS Statements and forwarding 10% GST

Edited by pogo

I for one feel sorry for the Hunt Family ,I have been a long time admirer of Rex and his adventures and had a lot of laughs from his shows .I even have a book personally signed by him .No one knows the anguish he has gone through and his wife with that deblitating disease Bi Polar .I think a little compassion is needed and let them get through this as best they can .

Cheers Swordfisherman

I for one feel sorry for the Hunt Family ,I have been a long time admirer of Rex and his adventures and had a lot of laughs from his shows .I even have a book personally signed by him .No one knows the anguish he has gone through and his wife with that deblitating disease Bi Polar .I think a little compassion is needed and let them get through this as best they can .

Cheers Swordfisherman

Perfect :dito: Except I've got some photos signed, not a book.

Flattieman.

Cheers Swordfisherman

I agree, I've experienced living with someone with bi-polar and it's not an easy road, I'm sure there's not too many angels here that have never done the wrong thing at some time in their life (I'm talking done not caught).

I've never been a fan of the media lifting the lid on people in the public eyes private life, frankly it's none of our business.

It's just another example of tall poppy syndrome being alive and well in this country, Am I a Rex fan?, not particularly. I enjoyed his shows but think really he's a bit of a wank at times but I reckon let them get on with their lives.

Edited by robthefisherman

"I'm glad his wife hasn't got his attitude to those that wrong her!

Howard."

"Why Howard? teach him right if she took him to the cleaners. Trust is one thing you don't betray."

Bluecod, I looked at this and wondered why I said it? Probably because of the harm it does to a person not to be able to forgive! Build a bridge, get over it, then burn the bridge!

Howard.

The man and his family should be left alone,

its his private life thats being splashed all over the papers after all,

tall poppy syndrome is alive and well,and from what I understood he wasnt

being blackmailed at all,in fact the $50,000 woman has been named by

some media outlets, and her partner has turfed her out,no clothes no $

only her car which she now sleeps in.

This whole story achieved its aim and that was to sell more papers.

The media shld leave the hunt family alone to deal with this in private.

:beersmile: penguin

A big shame this all is. His poor family :(

I agree with the sentiments that we're human and forgiveness is vital (reference Balkans etc).

My comment would be though is if you use the media for your own ends, you're fair game for the media to use you. If you actively have a crack a people morally - on tv, radio etc., then you shoudl expect to be judged by the same yard stick.

I haven't heard ol rexy on the radio but am told he doesn't mind giving it to people when it comes to personal issues. Rex has been around a long time, he knows the score, thus his attempt to control exposure damge via the press.

In light of this you have to really respect the few stars who do totally shun the press from their privtae lives in the good times, and thus are protected in the bad times. Tom Cruise used to be like that, now he is using the press for all it;s worth. He must know the minute his personal life turns sour the press will be putting out theirs hands in the thousands for payback time.

Actually here is a frightening thought - Tom Cruise could be the next Michael Jackson....

Spanker