Sos To Beach Raiders, I Need To Pick Your Brains!

frankman

Hi People, I'm heading down to Greenhills Cronulla on Sat night :1fishing1: . I even have the ball and chains permission :wife: I have a heap of Salmon popper rigs but im not sure if they are any good for jewies as well :1wallbash:! Can someone give me some tips on rigs to use if the Salmon poppers are no good? I realy want an all round rig if possable as I'm not targetting anything in particular,lets face it, anything worth taking home would be tops! But it would be a real pissa if I hooked up to a big jew!!!! I think we have all dreamt of doing that at some stage or another :1clap::1clap: !!!Also what are the best sinkers to use off the beach. Thanks in advance. :insane:

regards

Craig

Cheers M8, The Salmon poppers that I have are patanosta's with three gang's and a popper as well, however im not sure weather to replace the mono with wire or leave em as they are. I have 20lb braid (Fireline) but i'd hate to loose something big because of the Salmon popper rigs :ranting2:! They say that the breaking strain of fishing line is the point where the fisherman looses his or her patiance, well that screws me cause I'll need 100lb braid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wishin i had a boat

Just run use running sinker (my preference is a ball sinker) heavy enough to keep your bait out. If your bait washes around slightly don't worry you just don't want it move to fast. If if does move walk along the beach with it at least you get some exercise and cover a lot more ground. If you start to get washed out of the gutter you are fishing pull in walk back and cast again. Run your sinker to a swivel use about 600-700mm of leader (heaver than your main line) then youir hook. The hook or hooks will depend on bait sellected.

Cheers

Kingpig

Hi when i fish the beach i generally use a simple ball sinker rig with a 4 ganged hook with either squid, pillies or garries.

I like to cover as much of the gutter as i can and i find the ball sinker allows this the best. All that is needed is finding the correct size sinker and away you go.

I find the squid baits work a treat on most sydney beaches.

well worth a shot.

Your sinker choice should be made based entirely on what the surf conditions are like.

If the suf is big and there are strong currents you pretty much have to use a star/grapple sinker otherwise you will be washed around too much and have to re-case your bait every two minutes. If the surf is small (or big with weak currents) you can get away with a ball sinker.