Glow In The Dark Trevally

barrykrocker

I caught a couple of trevally today, which had glowing blue phospherous liquid guts.. It wasn't a slight tinge. It looked like someone poured the blue liquid from a glow-stick into their mouths.

2 of the 3 I kept had this in their mouths and guts. The Other one had no trace of it.

My uneducated guess is that they ate phospheresence but I wouldn't put money on it

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

I caught a couple of trevally today, which had glowing blue phospherous liquid guts.. It wasn't a slight tinge. It looked like someone poured the blue liquid from a glow-stick into their mouths.

2 of the 3 I kept had this in their mouths and guts. The Other one had no trace of it.

My uneducated guess is that they ate phospheresence but I wouldn't put money on it

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

:wacko::1yikes::1yikes::1yikes::puke::badair: What the? I've never heard anything like it.

Flattieman.

They also had those ugly white wigity grub type parasites in their mouths. I have seen them in about half of all yakka I catch, and baby snapper. Is everyone familar with these parasites or know any details about them?

Could this be related? I doubt it hey

if in doubt, toss glow fish out!

I hope it won't come to that.

Surely someone on this site has encountered this phenomemon!!!

Guest Jewel

The parasites are called doctors and have no connection to the glow to the best of my knowledge and experience.

I wouldn't worry about too much about those little parasites 'Doctors', I've caught heaps of fish where they have been present if anything they clean up the smaller parasites that are found inside fish so you could say it's a special relationship.. as for the glow mate?? not sure I have caught a few Trevs already this year from both the Harbour and the Bay and whilst you get some odd things in their gut cavities and some beaut aroma's as well! I've never see a glow such as the one you have mentioned? am certainly keen to see what other experiences Raiders have had :wacko:

We have caught Yakkas Around Gladesville which had the same blue fluoro glow in the dark tinge around the stomach, the fillets were used to get a 4kg jew, the Jew seemed to like the glow effect.

Yes, It was on the darker stomach lining and also the larger trev had a liquid supply of the stuff in its stomach which was a creamier colour

I'm relieved that there is another witness

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

update:

The lady is cooking them as I type. This might be my last post

goodbye fishraider.com

:pokey: hey u still alive???

STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!!! :puke::puke::puke: