The End Result!

Guest Jocool

Guest Jocool

I have done what I set out to do. I ran in the Federal election, and today its all over! Only time will tell if my efforts were of any concequence! Regardless of how I place and what numbers I get, today was an experience I won't forget any time soon.

In hind sight there a few things that will remain with me about this campaign.

Firstly it's the lack of support I recieved from people that would benefit directly from a positive outcome for The Fishing Party in this election. Namely that is the retail sector. If recreational fishing is to be made a viable political proposition it would benefit those in the tackle and boating industry imensely. Yet I had no support from them after requesting it.

If nothing else today has been a very informative day. It is plain to see that the attitude that politicians have rubs of on their constituents! At the risk of sounding belitteling or offensive to some people, Labor voters have to be the most blinkered lot of people I have ever met. Arrogant, and ill informed purely through ignorance. All they have to do is look around and listen...But they refused to do that! :-mad2:

This also trickles into the volunteer base that they call upon for help!

Just like the Labor state government, they have an air of arrogance and a holier than though approach to a lot of things. I know I'm generalising on just one incident as far as the voluneers go, but it really left a bad taste! :thumbdown:

Truth be told, I had a great day with all the other Labor volunteers, and we all had a fun day...Although very tiring! :confusuion: :-mad2 :thumbdown:

And it was superb to see the light dawning on peoples faces as I explained the issues that face the Rec Fisho. After having it explained to them, The Fishing Party suddenly looked like a good option to them! :thumbsup:

Two incidents will stay with me for ever.

The first is a guy walking down the street to the entrance of the polling station. He is being bombarded with HTV cards, and is refusing them all! I walked up, placed a Fishing Party How To Vote card in his face...and his eyes lit up! He looked at me, thanked me, and walked in to vote a happy man! :D Got a big :thumbsup: when he came out!

The second was a guy accepting the papers profurred from all the parties. As soon as I gave him mine, he gave me all the others and stated loudly and clearly that it was the only one he wanted! :naughty:

It has been interesting that they realised that there is someone in politics that cares for what they care about.

Once again, I'd like to thank all that helped out. Wether it be financially, or help at the poll booths..... Thank you! :thumbsup: :beer1:

Guest Jocool

P.S....Just had an excited phone call from a work buddy. He has informed me that thus far I have 3% of the vote!!!!

He went on to say that there were only 300 odd ballots counted. Not a bad start! :ohyeh: :ohyeh:

Guest Jocool

For those are interested in how I personally am polling....You can go to this LINK! It is straight of the AEC website. I'm not too sure how often it updates, but I would hazzard a guess and say it would be pretty accurate. :ohyeh:

Had a ball Joe today started with making room for our sign attached to my Telstra guard right in the front of all the major parties then having the young liberal and labor helpers very interested in our party

But best was watching voters smile and grab a form telling me at least they could trust us rather than the major parties I had all the helpers interested in what we stood for. Funny how MOST PEOPLE agreed with me and even had some fun when big JOE turned up and told every one that my grand leader had turned up unlike the big players But when the liberal candidate turned up she was wrapped that our party was there which helped out in the preference vote and a very nice lady indeed and impressed with Joe also any way I fell in love 20 times today and my eye site needs checking had a long but fun day :happy:

Edited by WetPatch

Yes it was a pretty good day, didn't really get any negative reactions from people, ecept for when the labor and greens volunteers wanted to see our preferences :rollaround: :rollaround: :rollaround:

Damn Joe I only got you 19 votes. :(

Damn Joe I only got you 19 votes. :(

Firstly Bashir....19 votes is an awesome effort considering the fact that there were 14 candidates! :yikes:

Secondly....the 19 votes you got aren't for me! They are for all of us mate! It shows that there are rec fishos out there that care. And it will show the government that these voters care as well!

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Bashir...You have to look at the big picture mate! Yes...it was only 15 votes...But it was also over 1%. Thats the figure that counts mate! :thumbsup: And the fact that I placed higher than the ORP in your booth. I wanted to beat em...and I did. :thumbsup:

G`day Fellas ,

Joe , was the Nationwide vote For the TFP ....1951... ? , or have I got the figures wrong.

If thats right , then I/3 of the Nations vote came from your own electorate , and given time , things could sharply improve.

Personally , I thought we would have had some sort of kick here in mark Vales Seat ( Lyne) , especially considering the problem with the Closure of the Manning River , and all the trouble the locals went to.

But I gotta tell ya , I saw one of the people on That Committe pushing aside all HTV cards and accepting a Nat one , and another with a lib HTV card in his hip pocket wrapped up and supposedly hidden in a Racing form guide , so how do you figure that ?.

I guess when it comes down to it , old habits die hard .

Mick

40,000 odd senate primary votes from 2 states! Thats just under 1% of the voters in those states that directly chose the FPY for a seat in the senate. No matter what the percentage thats a LOT of people concerned enough about our fisheries that they chose to have it specifically represented in the federal parliament. NOW THATS POSITIVE!!!!

Good on you guys. Given the proven viability of this issue as a political cause I for one will be taking a greater part in it in the future.... Gotta have a win somewhere.

Thanks for your efforts in making this a visible political issue backed by sensible, gentlemanly and most of all commited candidates.

Congratulations on the great personal polling joe. The way I saw your result was that you beat or matched it with some surprisingly credentialled opponents.

Edited by allen glover

Thanks for all your kind words guys! And yes...It will only go UP from here!

I kinda half said to myself...NEVER AGAIN when I got home on Saturday...as it is pretty draining. But upon seeing the results I was sufficiently bouyed...and got remotivated to keep on it!

So thats what I'm going to do! Im going to keep on it...and I'm going to keep nagging you guys to GET INVOLVED! :nana:

I'm doing it for all of ...so....GET INVOLVED!!!! :thumbsup:

Again...Thanks for all the support and kind words.

Just a bit of an update! Greenway is one of the electorates that is being recounted. As yet it is still too close too call, but it seems the Libs have strengthened their position...As have I! :thumbsup:

On initial close of counting I had 690 (1.02%) odd votes. Due to the recount, it now stands at 728 (1.04%). Seems to keep getting better!

Maybe I should ask for a recount...and then I could win! :nana:

Darryl...I wont be getting any money back! Need 4% for that!

As far as the count goes, some is from absentee, pre/poll, postal...and the rest is made up of what is originally classed as informals. They dig these out apparently when there isnt a clear leader and go over them with a fine tooth comb!