Hawkesbury 17/06/06

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Out early, fished the low tide for 4 to 5 very hard hours, nothing at all till about 11h00 -

I was starting to think about packing it in when the action started.

You guessed it the buggers moved in and snacked my jewie baits and I knew that was the end of the jewie fishing for a while. So out with the wire and into em.

Then 4 Hairies ( Me 3 mate 1) , 1 Bream and 1 Soapie Jew (Both of these went back).

Here they are 4 hairies.

post-1963-1150534698_thumb.jpg

I will add two more pics further down.

Cheers

inhlanzi

Edited by inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Just a quick report

Out early, 4 to 5 very hard hours, nothing till about 11h00 - Then 4 Hairies ( Me 3 mate 1) , 1 Bream and 1 Soapie Jew.

Will add pics later.

Cheers

inhlanzi

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

PERSEVERANCE PAYS!!! Nice job once again, Inhlanzi. I eagerly await the pics.

Flattieman.

More of the Hairies

As you can see I don't bother taking out the hooks till they have cooled down a bit!

post-1963-1150535200_thumb.jpg

Here is a close up on the business end - Raiders have a plan ready on how too deal with these toothy worriors when you get them aboard - especially at night. I had a good giggle watching my mate deal with his.

post-1963-1150535666_thumb.jpg

Cheers all, got to go and get some omega 3 in me.

Have a good weekend

inhlanzi

Edited by inhlanzi

G'day slayer666

In the main body of the hawkesbury going for big jewies

They took my livies ( tailor and yakka ) and cut through 80 lb jinkai and the I got the !#$%@ and put the wire and the gangs on em.

They take fast and hard and you have to be ready. I lost at least another 4 or 5 today.

Bait is old pillies. For some eason they prefer the olds berley pillies!!!!!!!

And mate they taste awsome!

Cook em like Ken says in tin foil bit of butter and a sueeze of lemon juice.

I think they will be coming into the Cowan soon.

cheers

inhlanzi

Edited by inhlanzi

Guest madsmc

inhlanzi, mate you are the king of the hairtail. :1worthy: Is this three or four times in a row now that you've had success on the chromed beasts?

Top stuff mate. :thumbup:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Geez they are some ugly lookin' fish.... :1yikes:

But the way you guys are talking about them they must be a pretty good feed..But measuring in at over a meter, do you fillet them or chop em into steaks or what??????

geez you never cease to amaze, will you ever come back empty handed lol. I think you should write a book on the ins and outs of catching hairtail. As far as i can tell ur the man.

great catch mate once again.

Guest wayneo

mate great stuff

forget about the jews your killing it with the hairys and we wait till the warmer months and go get a biggen together then

cheers wayneo

ps when am i going to taste this wonderfull eating fish that you keep catching mate

Every fish has cycles and i guess its come full circle again and they are appearing. We have good and bad seasons on Bream, Jews, Flatties etc so why not on hairies. Im just happy that they are here and it seems in quite healthy numbers :1fishing1: