Sydney Yellowfin Buddy Systems!

Laredo

My family has just got our first fishing boat and this winter we want to try for some yellowfin, which we obviously havn't done before. Needless to say we are totally ammeaturish, but it'd be crime not to try!

Its a 26 foot fishing boat but its only got one outboard, so we're pretty weary about going out far to the prime yellowfin grounds alone, and want to team up with someone and go in a pair, for safety and peace of mind.

I hope there are some like minded raiders who've done a bit of gamefishing and can show us the ropes :thumbup:

cheers

Edited by Laredo

My family has just got our first fishing boat and this winter we want to try for some yellowfin, which we obviously havn't done before. Needless to say we are totally ammeaturish, but it'd be crime not to try!

Its a 26 foot fishing boat but its only got one outboard, so we're pretty weary about going out far to the prime yellowfin grounds alone, and want to team up with someone and go in a pair, for safety and peace of mind.

I hope there are some like minded raiders who've done a bit of gamefishing and can show us the ropes :thumbup:

cheers

Hi Mate :1welcomeani:

What kind of boat is it? what kind of motor? age? hours? serviced?

there is plenty of people on these forums who are in the know as far as fishing for YFT goes, where are you located?

Cheers

Hi Mate :1welcomeani:

What kind of boat is it? what kind of motor? age? hours? serviced?

there is plenty of people on these forums who are in the know as far as fishing for YFT goes, where are you located?

Cheers

cheers mate

boston whaler 255 walkaround. 250 verado. it's done 60hours and was serviced at 50. the boat's berthed in the harbour

Edited by Laredo

Laredo, i will be going out a few times from the harbour to the shelf in search of some fins this winter, the boat im going out in is alot smaller then yours but would buddy up if we were both heading out the same day.

Am hoping to get out there this weekend

Hiya Guys

I will also fish outside in a smaller baot for Yellow Fin, geez u r doing well a whaler and supercharged 4stoke as a first ;0 Good luck 2 u,

Also happy to have a tag along company of another vessal, I willbeig doing a bit of mid week fishing over the next 3 weeks, will let u know when I am heading out.

jon

Laredo, i will be going out a few times from the harbour to the shelf in search of some fins this winter, the boat im going out in is alot smaller then yours but would buddy up if we were both heading out the same day.

Am hoping to get out there this weekend

Sounds like a great idea Laredo, everything I've learnt about fishing(which is a whole lot of very little) is from going out with mates and gleaning info here and there. Wish I had aboat so I could tag along aswell.

One of my mates wants to upgrade to a boston whaler aswell.. They look great, but apparently they're pretty hard to get 2nd hand. How did you track it down? Any pics? And if its not too personal.....price?

cheers mate

boston whaler 255 walkaround. 250 verado. it's done 60hours and was serviced at 50. the boat's berthed in the harbour

Ahhhh nice.. I have the Boston 210 outrage with 130Hp on the back

Will have to meet up when I fix her up (about two weeks away) and go for run outside