Socceroos - New National Anthem!

loomylover

Check out this guys,

Just pulled this off some football forums.

(To be sung to the tune of Australia's national anthem, "Advance Australia Fair")

Australians all let us get pi$$ed

for we are going through

Although the ref was blind and deaf

We got our draw, two-two

Our team abounds in football's gifts

Of talent rich and rare

Let history say

We won the day

Advance Australia fair

In Green and Gold then let us win

Advance Australia fair!

Lets hope we don't have to compete against the officials again. I'm expecting loads of award winning dives from the spaghetti munching Hollywood stars tonight, so hopefully the ref won't be shy to show a few red cards :yahoo:

Red sauce goes well with Spaghetti :074::thumbup:

Cheers

Red

I still havn't gotten to sleep. This is tragic. Im extremely proud of the boys but a spot in the last 8 was thrown away tonight. There's no guarantee we would have won in extra time, but momentum certainly suggested so.

On the whole the ref had a solid game and gave a red i think italy didnt deserve and a penalty australia didnt deserve.

Well be there in africa in 2010 though, giving it out best again. Well done socceroos! :beersmile:

Oh, and :1welcomeani: to the world stage - of the biggest sport on the globe.

Well the dive of the century cost us a place in the final 8 :ranting2::mad3::ranting2::mad3:

Well done boyz you have done Australia proud :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

For what its worth, my 2cents....

They way the ref reffed the game it was always going to be a penalty - i personally dont think so

If we couldnt take advantage of a 10 man Italian team, what would happen against a full stregnth Germany (for example)

The boys played well, but we missed a world class striker - oh well

:thumbup::thumbup: boys, be proud

Guest wayneo

my oppinion is even though italy had 10 men it doesnt make it any easier to score they had all 10 men behind the ball at all times and just defended

i also believe fifa dont want a team like us to be there and want all the big name teams there and not the under dog.i really believe that those italians are corrupt and that ref was paid(im serious)and i know its a big call but fifa want the big names there.

look every game the refs have been against us and we keep pulling through but with 7 secs left in the game and a penalty against us we arent going to come back and the ref knew it.

shame shame shame ref

i know the boys did good getting as far as they did but try telling them that, they believed they could have went alot further and im guessing they are hurting big time

cheers wayneo

Wayneo, my thought are similar to yours. I also believe the ref was totally exhausted and could not bear the thought of running around for another half an hour :mad3:

I'm just so happy for our boys, who put in 100% for their country against football superpowers like Brazil and Italy. They won over so many new fans with their courageous displays.

Hopefully the people of this country will have felt the "passion" that this beautiful game generates and will finally embrace it by abandoning BS sports like league and union and enrolling their sons and daughters to play for their local football clubs. And lets face it, how many people would go sleep deprived, day in day out to watch League, AFL or union(totally BS codes by world standards) ? :074: How can these codes even consider holding a world cup? :1prop:

When Italy lost a man, i instantly thought Guus would go for the jugular by injecting Aloisi and Josh Kennedy into the attack at once. He is a better coach than i ever will be, however injecting goal scorers was the first thought that came to my mind. We needed a goal and we needed these guys on the park! Anyway, for mine this has been the most enjoyable world cup ever and i now hope to see a Brazil v Argentina final. The sleepless nights aren't over just yet.

Cheers

Red

Hopefully the people of this country will have felt the "passion" that this beautiful game generates and will finally embrace it by abandoning BS sports like league and union and enrolling their sons and daughters to play for their local football clubs. And lets face it, how many people would go sleep deprived, day in day out to watch League, AFL or union(totally BS codes by world standards) ? :074: How can these codes even consider holding a world cup? :1prop:

Cmon red there is no need to bag out the other sports, the rugby world cup is HUGE!! and i know alot of people that do go sleep deprived to watch the rugby world cup.....I agree the soccer world cup is awsome and great to watch and support, but i dont think its neccasary to bag out the sports cause you like this one more :biggrin2:

You have a point mate however there are only 3 or 4 nations that are competetive in world Rugby. Some sides even got flogged by 90 plus points if my memory serves me right. Its purely a money grabbing farce!

These understrength nations should not be eligable to compete at the highest level in my honest opinion. Who wants to see a 111-13 scoreline?

Regards

Red

Here are some results of the last Rugby World Cup. You be the judge.

I particularly like Australia's October 25 match. Hope people didn't pay too much to watch that thriller :1prop::1yikes:

October 18: Australia 90, Romania 8

October 19: Ireland 64, Namibia 7

October 22: Argentina 50, Romania 3

October 25: Australia 142, Namibia 0

October 11: South Africa 72, Uruguay 6

October 12: England 84, Georgia 6

October 15: Samoa 60, Uruguay 13

November 1: South Africa 60, Samoa 10

November 2: England 111, Uruguay 13

October 11: New Zealand 70, Italy 7

October 17: New Zealand 68, Canada 6

October 24: New Zealand 91, Tonga 7

Regards

Red

All i have to say is that today im a proud australian, seeing i am a our friends (turkish background) i never thought i would say that. The socceroo's made us all proud and they fought all the way. What they have done for australian sport especially soccer is massive.

Cant wait for 2010.....

Yeah red i understand you like soccer more than most sports, but dont think its cool to bag other sports cause of your personal opinion...i enjoy watching and barracking for australia in the rugby as much as i do in the soccer... oh and even more barracking for chad reed in the AMA supercross and motocross, for those people that dont know chad reed he is 3rd highest paid australian sportsman just behind harry kewel and greg norman...

Guest Boppa

Red

I am a big fan of one of you so called BS SPORTS (Rugby Union) and I would like you to know that I was up and watching every game that the roos played even with working the next day.

I must admit I have never been a total football fan but I never have put the game down as you have the other codes.

Mate you need to have tolerance to other codes and whoever is playing what code in a world cup or high profile game just remember

WE ARE AUSTRALIANS

Boppa

G'day guys,

I'm also a big fan of most sports and all i want to see is a real competition. Those Rugby scores i posted are not my idea of what a world cup should be :thumbdown: They are woefull. Surely even the most one eyed rugby fan doesn't want to see scores like that, let alone pay hundreds of dollars to watch a massacre.

I'm a cricket tragic, Moto GP and F1 nut, love domestic rugby league, love watching Wallabies v (Springboks, All Blacks or England only), big tennis fan........even watch the AFL :1prop: but i'm so excited about the future prospects of soccer in this nation. The country has never experienced such euforia for any sport. Thousands of people flocking to outdoor venues in the freezing cold to get a piece of the action. No other sport in the world has this much pulling power!

Lets hope the Australian media doesn't try and kill it again :mad3: Our heads have been in the sand for too long!

Regards

Red

Red has a point, there is no sport on earth that compares to football in terms of COMPETITIVE participation. In saying that, the weekend of rugby league is firmly entrenched in my culture and i would say to see that go.

I can say that despite being ripped off, the profile of football is going to soar from now and if we retain most of our squad heading into 2010...watch out folks, the roos mean business. Guus will return too i reckon after a stint with russia, he loves the boys so much and he knows he has unfinished business.

GO THE ROOS

Totally agree with you Red, just didnt see the point in calling all other sports BS cause you liked the soccer so much.....

Guest Boppa

G'day guys,

I'm also a big fan of most sports and all i want to see is a real competition. Those Rugby scores i posted are not my idea of what a world cup should be :thumbdown: They are woefull. Surely even the most one eyed rugby fan doesn't want to see scores like that, let alone pay hundreds of dollars to watch a massacre.

What planet are you from Red they are scores from emerging nations that have tried their hardest to be in a game and unfortunately they come up against great sides

Are you the judge of all sports

We dont want to see scores like like that but for an emerging nation like the ones you picked on and nominated, they are in a learning curve and deserve the right to be there and represent their country and mate I met a few of them and they were sohappy to just be there

Mate I would never have thought I would call a fellow Aussie ONE EYED but you bloody are

Boppa

Edited by Boppa

Guest johblow

Comparing football codes is like comparing music genres. Its a bit of a waste of time - because different codes offer different things, and it mostly comes down to personal preference. Should we compare AC/DC to John Williamson? I dont think so - to do so would ignore the unique and individual qualities of both.

So if you like a bit of blues, a bit of the acca dacca, and a bit of whatevers in the top 40, then you *can* appreciate different football codes on their own merits. I love AC/DC but i cant listen to them all day every day... And just because i love AC/DC doesnt mean i go around poo-pooing other music.

In this day and age there is a massive market for the type of enjoyment that music and sports bring. I dont believe that its a market that you can saturate. If AC/DC released all 20+ albums on one day, id buy them all, and be asking when the next one was coming out. SO, whatever it is, if it appeals to someones heart or soul then bring it on and lets share it around :thumbup:

What planet are you from Red

Boppa

The Red Planet :074: Sorry mate, couldn't resist.

Jokes aside. The problem with the media in this country is, if we are NOT the "world champions" in a particular sport, they won't want a bar of it.

The biggest insult came when a particular commercial TV station televised the PAN PAC swimming "TRIALS", live at prime time :wacko: What planet are they on Bop? No such favours for the starved football fan.

Boppa, if you are happy to watch 124-0 humiliations in a "world cup" than good for you. I always thought a world cup featured the best of the best, where emerging nations were not yet competetive enough to participate? But i have been wrong before mate.

BTW, are you happy with Rugby's points structure? ie points given for a try, penalty goal, field goal etc ?

Regards

Red

Guest Boppa

The Red Planet :074: Sorry mate, couldn't resist.

I'll pay that one mate

BTW, are you happy with Rugby's points structure? ie points given for a try, penalty goal, field goal etc ?

No I'm sure they good make it more interesting if they lowered the penalty point structure

Boppa

Yeah i dont like soccer at all, i think it is boring and all the stupid faking penalities sh#$ me up the wall and i know plenty of people that feel the same way, In fact in the office i work in probably 70 out of a hundred would prefer to watch the standard run of the mill leauge game.....It seems people in australia with an ethnic background or brought up in an ethnic society like soccer more for some reason, and get really passionate about it. But standard run of the mill aussies couldnt really care less about soccer unless the roos are playing, and definately prefer to sit down with a meat pie and a beer and watch the leauge, its tradition it cultre its great, and soccer will NEVER come close to tearing these aussies away from there most loved game of leauge. I didnt even know what the world cup was until this one when the roos made this one.....it has been exciting to watch and im so proud of the aussies for making it so far, but who wants to watch it now?

Guest wayneo

sorry guys but ive been biting my tongue and i just have to say to wettingaline, mate i dont know where your from or how old you are but if you have never heard of the world cup before i reckon your head has been under water for to long like your picture suggests.and for that stupid comment that the only real soccer fans are from ethnic background is f#$?# stupid and ignorant mate.im australian and even the australians that are from ethnic back ground i bet they love there league,afl,union so i think half your arguement is pathetic and just plain stupid.

the soccer world cup is the second biggest sporting event in the world behind the olympics

and soccer is called the world game it is huge everywhere and mate believe it or not but it is massive in junior sports here.i think the other codes have slipped big time and soccer is bigger now and will only get bigger in the future.did you see how the socceroos represented themselves and our county not only on the field but off the field.i bet you didnt hear of any drunkin related problems or fights or drugs or feeling up woman or any bad reports from our soccer guys like other codes inthe last 10 years.they are proffessionals on and off the park,and thats what makes everyone so proud of them.and believe it or not im a sports fan like most of you and go to league games every week and follow my team so im not just a soccer head.

and what about the state of origin 2 wks ago nobody even knew it was on and no one even cared and i think thats why nsw lost they knew the soccer was on and wanted to get home and watch it.

unfortuantly guys and gals soccer is huge and people will understand that our guys perform on the world stage week in week out so thats why we did do so well.

my mrs didnt really care when we were playing uraguay in november but when she understood what all this was about and the history behind the game and she was up every night watching and screaming like a real fan and she even knew we were ripped off and she had tears of heartache and pain and that is what these guys have done for soccer here.i have watched nearly every big sporting moment in sport but i have never cried in my life as i did befor every game when our national anthem was on and all the boys and most of all hearing the crowd singing it with pride and that just made me so happy and proud.

this was great for us and i think we should remember what has happened over the last few weeks because we are on the map with soccer and history was written and we were all here to see it happen.i can wait till 2010 because im 33 now and in 2010 i will be 37 so im not in a hurry to get there so i will just wait and when it comes around i will be going to south africa to cheer on our boys

cheers wayneo

loves yas all

Edited by wayneo

sorry guys but ive been biting my tongue and i just have to say to wettingaline, mate i dont know where your from or how old you are but if you have never heard of the world cup before i reckon your head has been under water for to long like your picture suggests.and for that stupid comment that the only real soccer fans are from ethnic background is f#$?# stupid and ignorant mate.im australian and even the australians that are from ethnic back ground i bet they love there league,afl,union so i think half your arguement is pathetic and just plain stupid.

Im not having an argument wayneo, nor did i say ONLY ethnic people are soccers fans. I think the large majority of 'extremist' soccer fans are though, and the majority of people i work with that are into the soccer are ethnic, it was just a point i was putting across it wasnt meant to be offensive to anyone and im sorry if you feel its "pathetic". FYI i am 22, and i know plenty of the guys my age that hadnt heard of the world cup till this one.....how many guys and gals in australia could tell what disclipline of sport the team bulldogs are from and 99% of australians woul say "LEAGUE!" now if you were to ask what sport is the team AC Milan from 90% of australia would go "who the F$%^ is that". I really dont think soccer is as big as you think it is here, yeah people are well into the world cup, but honestly no one really cares anymore...apart from the few die hard soccer fans like your self..

anyway that enough from me, you guys are obviously passionate with your sport as i am with mine so i think we should agree to disagree on this one...

dint mean to offend you wayneo