Socceroos - New National Anthem!

loomylover

Soccer is finally on the right track in Australia. For years it has been showing its pottential but unfortunately never getting there BUT WE ARE FINALLY THERE. :1prop::1clap:

Now I am not going to wait for the next world cup in 2010 as we have qualifying matches for the ASIA CUP starting in mid august. Now this asia cup is the second biggest Footbal event in the world after the world cup.

So bring on the Asia Cup..

Go the SOCCEROOS.

Regards

Paul

how many guys and gals in australia could tell what disclipline of sport the team bulldogs are from and 99% of australians woul say "LEAGUE!"

I would of said AFL. The Western Bulldogs. :-rolleyes

Im not having an argument wayneo, nor did i say ONLY ethnic people are soccers fans. I think the large majority of 'extremist' soccer fans are though, and the majority of people i work with that are into the soccer are ethnic, it was just a point i was putting across it wasnt meant to be offensive to anyone and im sorry if you feel its "pathetic". FYI i am 22, and i know plenty of the guys my age that hadnt heard of the world cup till this one.....how many guys and gals in australia could tell what disclipline of sport the team bulldogs are from and 99% of australians woul say "LEAGUE!" now if you were to ask what sport is the team AC Milan from 90% of australia would go "who the F$%^ is that". I really dont think soccer is as big as you think it is here, yeah people are well into the world cup, but honestly no one really cares anymore...apart from the few die hard soccer fans like your self..

anyway that enough from me, you guys are obviously passionate with your sport as i am with mine so i think we should agree to disagree on this one...

dint mean to offend you wayneo

Dont forget that League is an QLD/NSW game, most other states wouldnt have a clue who the league bulldogs were, the other codes have states where they are strong and have states where they are weak. Football/soccer is recoognized everywhere, if you ask anyone in Australia who Kewell or Viduka was they will tell you straight away, ask someone from WA or SA who Andrew Johns or Benji Marshall is, they wont have a clue. I love league and am a season ticket holder with the tigers so i have nothing against it.

But soccer and only soccer can make a large portion of the country wake up at 1.00am and 5.00am to watch a game of football that wasnt even a final.

And dont forget mate, we are part of a larger community which is the WORLD, the world follows soccer, the world watches the soccer world cup, when Australia went well and made it through we earnt respect world wide and were envyed by countries worldwide.

And as wayneo stated if you hadnt heard of the soccer world cup before you must be from some other planet cause it is Arguably the largest sporting event in the world.

Yeah im just going to sit this one out now, i know you guys are passionate about your soccer and i respect that so ill leave it at that. I dont wanna get on the wrong side of anyone by having a silly argument about which sport is better :biggrin2:

League is also in NZ and VIC, FYI