My First Salmon

KingsRule

went down to balmoral this morning armed with bass minnows and 1 rod , had about 20 or so casts before i noticed some pike chasing some bait fish around, chucked the plastic into the middle of the action, landed one, had 10 or more hits with no hookups, i continued jigging the plastic around and WHAM, a big weight then zZzZZz~ :biggrin2: , a few jumps and a great fight later i landed my first ever salmon (he went 53cm), on plastics! (i have only used plastics 7-8 times) , put him back to fight another day and continued trying

and again WHAM ,this time i hooked the fish, it jumped and snapped my leader (6lb :05: ) , not a bad session!

salmon11151537714.jpg

salmon21151538005.jpg

He wanted that plastic!

Well done! I just love catching sambos on light gear. My latest fishing rod purchase was a light beach rod for use with 8lb line specifically for sambos off the beach! Of course I'd rather catch kingies, but when you're land based there are limited options!

Cheers,

Neil

Thanks for teh kind words guys :thumbup:

nice one Kings rule, i wish my day had started that well. Can i ask were you fishing of the wharf down there? i have seen plenty of action there in the past but have not fished it in a while. i've just moved to a new place quite close might be worth a morning flick by the sound of it.

nice one

d

Yeah, i was fishing off the wharf, although all the action seems to be over byt 7.30~8 at the moment (ill be there almost every morning , gotta love school holidays:D)

Nielm: i think i almost like salmon just as much because there not such a dirty fighter! :tease:

Thanks for teh kind words guys :thumbup:

Yeah, i was fishing off the wharf, although all the action seems to be over byt 7.30~8 at the moment (ill be there almost every morning , gotta love school holidays:D)

Nielm: i think i almost like salmon just as much because there not such a dirty fighter! :tease:

Hey Rob!

Glad to hear you caught you first salmon,,,,, Know yourve been trying for a while :biggrin2:

What did you do with it???

Dan and Greg

Great catch kingsrule,

I bet you can't wait to get out and get another few.

I think salmon are just made for light gear as they go

really hard and are clean fighters.

Good luck on your future outings.

Great work Kingsrule

Think Saqa is waiting for me to nail something like that on his spiral wrap baitcaster...now my pixy's been fixed I might just go looking (I'll try to find my own not-so-secret spot as it seems like this one will get a little busy if there's a lot of action :biggrin2: ).

Mike

well done kingy.... i love sambos on the light stuff, make u work hard for em. I hope that thousands of his brothers elders are with him in the harbour ATM :biggrin2:

We'll see tommorrow???? :wacko:

Top stuff. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to catch a bigger fish on SP. I get excited when I get a hit from a small bream! :)

:thumbup: Cheers, and its alot of fun!!!, although i am yet to get a bream on sp..