Middle Harbour. Weds Night.

barrykrocker

Following advice from east_coastin, my brother and I anchored at the balmoral moorings, for a shot at dory and flathead. We picked up A 60cm model on a bit of pilchard (even though there were nice-little livies out). After moving to the clontarf hole we picked up another smaller flathead. good night of fishing!

post-987-1152172006_thumb.jpg

Wicked pair of flatties there, pity the Dory didn't show up - but persistence should pay off...

Lets watch the reports from the weekend and maybe plan for an offshore assualt next week, the moons coming and so should the fin.

Netic will post after his Sunday trip (looking forward to reading it), and a few others are heading wide.. if all looks good and the weather holds then Tuesday will be the day for us...

Lets speak tonight as I may well run out for a snapper fish tomorrow or maybe a little wider to see some big kingies.

Congrats on the flatties.

DT

Eastcoastin, is that you andd the other Dan in the promo dvd which comes with the latest fishing world mag ?

You certainly can catch flathead during winter. Two weeks ago I landed five flathead off Rosa Wide including one beauty at 1.4 kilos cleaned. Perhaps the estuaries are colder at this time of year than the inshore areas.

Lets watch the reports from the weekend and maybe plan for an offshore assualt next week, the moons coming and so should the fin.

Netic will post after his Sunday trip (looking forward to reading it), and a few others are heading wide.. if all looks good and the weather holds then Tuesday will be the day for us...

Lets speak tonight as I may well run out for a snapper fish tomorrow or maybe a little wider to see some big kingies.

Congrats on the flatties.

DT

sounds good, give me a call on the mobile or at home whenever.

-teddy