Pittwater And Broken Bay Offshore Reefs Friday

keenandnew

post-1844-1152341530_thumb.gif

Set off Friday on a perfect winter's day, smooth sea ,cloudless blue sky and mild

temperatures.It had to be a great day whether we caught the target schnapper at

the reefs off Broken Bay or not. We decided we'd troll out as the'd been reports some salmon and

taylor were about. Rigged up two lines both with deep diving lures and headed along east Pittwater

foreshore .Both lines were quickly hit and after a determined struggle landed 2 decent Kingy's.

and I thought they were rare in July. Great to think they are still here and in maligned Pittwater as well :1prop:

The reefs proved disappointing Leatherjackets kept the stay there very short. Returned trolling and another good hit west of Barrenjoey but lost it at the side of the boat. Here is a picture of the larger Kingy

Edited by keenandnew

Good to see lures working at this time of year!!! RATS in July!

Which lures?

Interesting shot - are you in a garden on a cliff?

What the hell is that "V" cut ?

I'll drink to your feast :beersmile: - Well done on a decent day out!

Hi Haraka,

I think Ive used the right terminology. The lure stays below the surface

and doesnt break above the water. Correct me if Im wrong with the name of them

but I was told they were referred to as "underwater or deep water lures"

The shot was taken this morning ( Saturday the day after in the backyard).Yep the garden is a cliff face

The V cut was alousy attempt to bleed him

Guest MarkD

hate to rain on your parade but if that was the big one, you must have really stretched the other one to hit 62cm

Inked your vision must be well above par because from where I'm sitting it is impossible to say nor insuate that that is an illegal fish. I have 20:20 vision. Why not give the benefit of the doubt and bite your tongue?

hate to rain on your parade but if that was the big one, you must have really stretched the other one to hit 62cm

Was going to ignore you at first but others havent so wont either. The NSW legal size of Kingfish is 60cm.Both fish were over 60cm.Pull your head in Pal

the way i see it

just about every just legal king in a photo looks smaller than the just legal kings i catch.

ive been fishing with john and if he measures 62cm im happy to believe its 62cm.

john has pulled no ego building posts anywhere so dont doubt him hes just adding his experience to help others.

any way thats my bit and im done.

cheers

Steve

Guest Aron

Things do look very deceiving when in a photo - especially when there is nothing to compare then too, however in this case you have the fence - those spacing in the uprights are normally at 150mm apart.

Good fish and great report - well done

Well I think you're ahead of the game at the moment - I'd given up on them on lure.

Can you take a picture of your lure ?

Bloody good eating at that size. Especially as sashimi .. very tender mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh

Can't wait for summer.

Happy Birthday Haraka :1prop:

Yeh I can take a picture of the lure posting it

proves more difficult though. Still trying to work out how to download

it as attachment. I tried sending 3 photos yesterday but only one

got thru.

anyway have a good one 86years of eating toxin fish keeps you strong and

fit

cheers