Salmon, Bonitos And Tailor Out Of Sydney

netic

Hey all,

Well as planned went fishing early this morning, upon waking up checked the reports and they said a westerly was blowing, taking into account that it was the exact same report as last week we decided to not head to the shelf and decided to see if we could have some fun with the salmon out of Sydney heads.

Got out and started to troll south using bibbed minnows, about 2 kms down got a double hook up on 2 bonito's, both were around the 40cm mark, keep on trolling and then got a few tailor around the 50cm mark.

Then just before the bondi point got a triple hook up on Salmon all over 60cm.

Trolled back and got another 2 salmon and then decided it was time for some brekky, went and ate at the new Clifton cafe and got back out there and thats when the action started.

Around 5kms down from south head we got hit by another 2 salmon, decided to stay around there and we got well over 50 salmon, largest being 65-70 cm, they wouldnt stop, the minnow wouldnt be in for more then 10 seconds before getting hit, we had easily over 10 triple hook ups. Then at around 11.00am the bonito turned up again along with some tailor and we were randomly getting either one within seconds of the lure entering.

It was amazing and we all had some pretty good fun, the strange thing was they were all coming up from the bottom, zero surface activity and as the boat went over them we could see them on the sounder and then within a few seconds they would strike.

We decided the call it a day at around 1.00pm as we were all salmoned out, my mates wanted to take home 10 or so salmon along with all the bonito and tailor so we had around 20 fish in the boat with well over 40 release.

Recap was 9 Bonito between 35-45cms

6 Tailor between 45-50cm

Well over 50 salmon between 55-70cm

more pics

sounds like you had a great day,i hope my mate doesn't read your report he wanted me to take him off the heads on sunday but i told him we'll go and get some trev's in the bay instead.Well not a fish was kept which was disappointing which is made worse from hearing about the great day you had.congratulations anyway mate.

After seing this you tube site on here often decided to upload some of my own crap.

Heres a small video of me catching one of the salmon last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omp5oofTkTw

sorry about it being filmed sideways, my mate is an idiot. it also has sound

Thanks to this site i will now be able to provide video reports aswell as photo's, will try and get a video report each time

Edited by netic

Top video Mate

It was like watching a episode of Fat pizza with the professional European commentators in the back ground :1fishing1:

Mate what can i say, we are a bunch of bloody wogs, next time i will make sure the footage is the right way up,

CFD

i was lucky enough to be able to turn the phone sideways so my neck was fine