Should'nt Troll Out Of A Canoe.

Lawrie

hmmm , me personally id probly shit my pants and then think how much of an idiot i was being out there in a canoe.

haha , im sure there is a better option but i think my way would come into play first!

This photograph is genuine and was taken from a September 2005 Africa Geographic article titled "Shark Detectives," about researchers studying Great White sharks off the coast of South Africa. As the article described the circumstances under which this picture was snapped:

Sitting in a 3.8-metre sea kayak and watching a four-metre great white approach you is a fairly tense experience. Although we had extensively tested the sharks' reactions to an empty kayak and had observed no signs of aggression, this gave us little comfort as we eyed a great white heading straight for us, albeit slowly. Just a metre or so from the craft it veered off, circled and slowly approached from behind. It did this several times, occasionally lifting its head out of the water to get a better look. Then it lost interest, and as it continued on its way we were able to follow a short distance behind. Once we'd come to terms with having nothing between ourselves and a four-metre shark except a thin layer of plastic, our kayak made an ideal research platform for observing great white behaviour in shallow water. Its advantages are twofold: it is inconspicuous and appears not to cause the sharks to alter their behaviour for long, and it allows us to watch them in a natural situation, as it is not necessary to attract them to us with food.

i assume they didnt spot that site before they decided to "hunt 4m whites in a 3.8m floating esky lid" :wacko:

CFD

Look at that!

That's gotta be my worst night mare.

I'd pinch myself hoping that i wake up!

Look at that!

That's gotta be my worst night mare.

I'd pinch myself hoping that i wake up!

Maybe the shark ate him and now he's 4.1 meters long

Lawrie.

This photograph is genuine and was taken from a September 2005 Africa Geographic article titled "Shark Detectives," about researchers studying Great White sharks off the coast of South Africa. As the article described the circumstances under which this picture was snapped:

Sitting in a 3.8-metre sea kayak and watching a four-metre great white approach you is a fairly tense experience. Although we had extensively tested the sharks' reactions to an empty kayak and had observed no signs of aggression, this gave us little comfort as we eyed a great white heading straight for us, albeit slowly. Just a metre or so from the craft it veered off, circled and slowly approached from behind. It did this several times, occasionally lifting its head out of the water to get a better look. Then it lost interest, and as it continued on its way we were able to follow a short distance behind. Once we'd come to terms with having nothing between ourselves and a four-metre shark except a thin layer of plastic, our kayak made an ideal research platform for observing great white behaviour in shallow water. Its advantages are twofold: it is inconspicuous and appears not to cause the sharks to alter their behaviour for long, and it allows us to watch them in a natural situation, as it is not necessary to attract them to us with food.

Has any one seen that show on TV how they troll a piece of foam behind a boat shaped like a seal and how those white pointers come up from underneath and jump and grab a foam seal like nothing else.

I reckon that bloke hasn;t seen it.

Lawrie.

Has any one seen that show on TV how they troll a piece of foam behind a boat shaped like a seal and how those white pointers come up from underneath and jump and grab a foam seal like nothing else.

I reckon that bloke hasn;t seen it.

Lawrie.

I've seen that, Lawrie - great documentarues - "Air Jaws I & II". That's why you'd only see a bubble trail left if I were in that situation.

Flattieman.

Maybe that shark is not looking for a meal.

From below the water that kayak wouldnt look anything like

a seal.

It would look more like a female shark,its the right shape,right size,

the silhouete or shadow of the paddle overhanging out both sides

could immitate the pectoral fins,the shadow in the water of the bloke on

top immitates the shadow of a sharks dorsal fin,the kayak has not got

those 2 dangly bits that male sharks have on their underside,its got a

smooth belly like a female shark.

So that poor bloke is in for one hell of a surprise,if that shark is

looking for some fun. :1pash:

I hope he braught his rain coat coz he may soon get wet. :15:

:beersmile: penguin