Sambo's Didn't Really Happen

Guest fishrunner

Guest fishrunner

Hi all,

Went out reasonably late today at 10.00 am due to family commitments :(

Went straight to the heads and mucked around for a while and managed 3 sambo's on plastics deep jigged where the sounder told me to fish :wacko: , There was a very timid school off north head that would spook as soon as in casting distance only got 2 casts in on the school, managed one on the light loomis, which was a fair bit of fun.

Felt like I was pushin shit uphill so decided a quick bream flick was in order, so back up the river we went, and wouldn't you know it a fish hits my sx48 and takes 30mtrs of line easily :1prop: , I back of the drag a touch as I had just been fishin boats for a while.!, This fish fought very well in 2-3 ft of water over the flats, got her under control and at the side of the boat , and bravely snap a few underwater pics of this beast before I land her(didn't turn out the best though)

post-647-1153568094_thumb.jpg

Got a call on the mobile as I was takin the pics "honey when you coming home?" I replied "hang on got a good bream here , I've just gotto land it will call you back in 5mins!!!" and hung up.- she never will understand??????

Bream measured round 48 cm :thumbup: The sunnies will give some sort of perspective to the size

post-647-1153568360_thumb.jpg

I was pretty stoked , actually thought I had a new pb for a minute, but wasn't quite to be :biggrin2: , Doesn't matter , can't complain :074:

post-647-1153568379_thumb.jpg

So the sambo's were frustrating but a couple of bream and a few flatties ,- none bigger then 40cm(otherwise I would've gotten a photo)

cheers, hope everyone else did well!

BTW very glad my minnkota is back :thumbup:

Edited by fishrunner

Guest fishrunner

Thanks for the call at work you P&!@%!

Bloody good fish!

Turd!!!!!

What did you expect,,,,,,, :074:

You were the one that worked on a known fishing day??!! :biggrin2:

biggest bream ive seem in a while,sx48 hey,i would have used a strip of mullet it seems to get the bream going and it costs a lot less. :tease: next time when me and jewel arent working(damn you maxwell!)we summon the salmon with a magic dance we were practicing at work(it involves slippery cable lube, gritted hand cleaner and the glitter from a bag of 3 inch minnows,preferably greem emerald.) :1worthy::fish_h4h:

Edited by brettoes

Guest BBM Rick

Hi all,

Went out reasonably late today at 10.00 am due to family commitments :(

Went straight to the heads and mucked around for a while and managed 3 sambo's on plastics deep jigged where the sounder told me to fish :wacko: , There was a very timid school off north head that would spook as soon as in casting distance only got 2 casts in on the school, managed one on the light loomis, which was a fair bit of fun.

Felt like I was pushin shit uphill so decided a quick bream flick was in order, so back up the river we went, and wouldn't you know it a fish hits my sx48 and takes 30mtrs of line easily :1prop: , I back of the drag a touch as I had just been fishin boats for a while.!, This fish fought very well in 2-3 ft of water over the flats, got her under control and at the side of the boat , and bravely snap a few underwater pics of this beast before I land her(didn't turn out the best though)

post-647-1153568094_thumb.jpg

Got a call on the mobile as I was takin the pics "honey when you coming home?" I replied "hang on got a good bream here , I've just gotto land it will call you back in 5mins!!!" and hung up.- she never will understand??????

Bream measured round 48 cm :thumbup: The sunnies will give some sort of perspective to the size

post-647-1153568360_thumb.jpg

I was pretty stoked , actually thought I had a new pb for a minute, but wasn't quite to be :biggrin2: , Doesn't matter , can't complain :074:

post-647-1153568379_thumb.jpg

So the sambo's were frustrating but a couple of bream and a few flatties ,- none bigger then 40cm(otherwise I would've gotten a photo)

cheers, hope everyone else did well!

BTW very glad my minnkota is back :thumbup:

Thats it! when are we going Breamin? You gotta take me to this spot so I can try out my KR Ultra Light, and the latest KR Light. That is the sort of action I am looking for!!

Rick.

Guest fishrunner

mmm, could take you there BBM Rick,I will divulge the location after the bream comp next week is over(I hope you understand).

gerg my pb is 49cm , bout 3 yrs ago I got 2 48cm and 1 49 cm fish in an hr and a half, thought I would never get close again, This fish is the closest since. :yahoo: . Have got a few 45's and 46 cm bream , have a feelin that it will be a long time before the new PB though.

All the larger bream I've landed have really run some line off me , all except for 1.

Here's a pic of the lure responsible if interested, sx 48.

post-647-1153654984_thumb.jpg

cheers and good luck in the hunt

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

top catch buddy

we were not so lucky with trolling for sambo's but got a healthy number of trav's on sunday

i will post report soon and peking duck will post pictures