Aluminium Cats

inked

A mate owns a 4.3 webster & is wrapped in his. I have fished out of his boat several times & twice in pretty rough conditions in botany bay with a stiff south easter that cut the bay up pretty bad & the webster ate it up. :thumbup:

A mate owns a 4.3 webster & is wrapped in his. I have fished out of his boat several times & twice in pretty rough conditions in botany bay with a stiff south easter that cut the bay up pretty bad & the webster ate it up. :thumbup:

thanks kikila, would you ever consider owning one? From all the info I have read on them so far, they seem pretty sweet, especially on the stability side.

what are the down sides?

thanks kikila, would you ever consider owning one? From all the info I have read on them so far, they seem pretty sweet, especially on the stability side.

what are the down sides?

I would buy a Webster Twinfisher in a heartbeat (if I was looking for a cat). :thumbup::thumbup:

My mate Geoff owns one and will tell you all about it I'm sure when he sees this post but I can't rave about it enough. Geoff's is a 4.6 and we go everwhere from outside trolling and fishing under the cliffs to up in the Georges to the Moons fishing for bream and whiting.

It's an extremely capable sea boat outside, stable at rest and handles the chop on Botany Bay or Bate Bay like it wasn't even there, no slapping and banging like a mono hull - nice and soft, very dry ride.

Ok, that's enough, it aint my boat but jeez its a pleasure to fish from.... :thumbup:

I have a stessl 5.15 tri hull mako. This is not strictly a shark cat style boat. The two outer wings are more like very big chines. These are sealed and add stability to the boat at rest. It is bit hard on the ride compared to other hulls though.

I am happy with mine.

Cheers

Kingpig

looking for some feedback on the cats,has anyone owned or used one.

looking to use mainly in botany bay and some short trips outside

fanks

Mottyman (David) has prety well covered the key points.

They say "a picture is worth a thousand words". Check out this web site , in particular demo video No. 6 & 7.

http://www.inverlochmarine.com.au/webster/...ebster_demo.htm

The only down side which is inherant with most cat's is the flat , vertical sides , in particular at the front .

When traveling side on or at an angle to a choppy sea there is a fair amount of spray.

With the canopy / side curtins in place it does not realy matter.

When all is considered , this is very minor to the overall performance.

The bigest trap most fall into is under powering the boat. This is a seperate subject & best discussed if / when you decide to proceed with a purchase.

Geoff

post-731-1154477090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geoff

mate i reckon you cant go past the marlin broadbill.

was very close to purchasing one. absolutely magic on the water.

i think most authoriies that operate on the water use the broadbills(water police waterways etc)

thanks for all the replies

I am seriously trying to figure out a way to justify to the :wife: the purchase of a new boat

the webster twinfisher is my pick at the moment

Geoff, thanks for the inverloch site. I had a look at that the other day. there is some great footage on there!

James I will have to have a look at the broadbills