Where To Buy Shimano Baitrunner Reels

Matt76

G'day Fishraiders,

I've been hearing some great things about the Shimano Baitrunners series and have been looking around for the 6500B model.

Problem is, most of the local fishing stores around sydney do not seem to stock them. Does anyone know any stores around Sydney that sell these reels at a reasonable price?

Also, any suggestions on which rod to complement the reel? I will be using it mostly for rock/beach fishing going for salmon, kings and jews. I have been looking at some 10ft ugly stick rods but I've found that there are 2 versions, gold and platinum, one of them are meant to be the older series which were apparently better quality. Anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

G'day Fishraiders,

I've been hearing some great things about the Shimano Baitrunners series and have been looking around for the 6500B model.

Problem is, most of the local fishing stores around sydney do not seem to stock them. Does anyone know any stores around Sydney that sell these reels at a reasonable price?

Also, any suggestions on which rod to complement the reel? I will be using it mostly for rock/beach fishing going for salmon, kings and jews. I have been looking at some 10ft ugly stick rods but I've found that there are 2 versions, gold and platinum, one of them are meant to be the older series which were apparently better quality. Anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

Mate, Ebay would be an obvious choice.

The Tackle shop next to me is having a Tackle sale,

The new Shimano Baitrunner 8000 is on sale for $139.....reduced from $250.....pm me if you want details

I've been to 2 in Auburn, 1 in ryde and another one near strathfield and none had them in stock :05:

Was thinking about buying one from ebay but I'd rather have the assurance of buying it from a shop as I've been told of fake imitations floating around on ebay.

I've been to 2 in Auburn, 1 in ryde and another one near strathfield and none had them in stock :05:

Was thinking about buying one from ebay but I'd rather have the assurance of buying it from a shop as I've been told of fake imitations floating around on ebay.

surely freddy's in auburn has them I bought my 4500 baitrunner off them a few years ago. Ring around mate, very popular reels and I'm sure you will get a decent price.

Two places I can think of that should have them in stock, if not they will do everything possible to get them in ASAP.

1. Kyeemagh Bait & Tackle on Bestic Street Kyeemagh. The owner Gary will go out of his way to help.

2. Fish 'N' Dive at Taren Point

These are the main two tackle shops that I frequent, prices and service are first class.

If you are near the Clemton park area, drop in and see Artie at Fish Therapy.

Very competetive prices and also a nice guy.

Cheers

Red

I think he had some in stock when I was in there last weekend. Top bloke

a shop at wetherhill park have all of them in Stock, 3500, 4500, 6500, New 6000, new 8000

Was there today

I didn't realise that Shimano had any new Baitrunner models, they're not listed on the Shimano website. Has anyone got any pics or info on them?

I didn't realise that Shimano had any new Baitrunner models, they're not listed on the Shimano website. Has anyone got any pics or info on them?

I only saw them a few days ago for the first time

What i liked most about the reel is its balance, also looks great,

here is a pic of the 5000 model

Pic of the 10000 model

Edited by netic

I only saw them a few days ago for the first time

What i liked most about the reel is its balance, also looks great,

here is a pic of the 5000 model

Pic of the 10000 model

Interesting!!!!

The bottom one looks exactly like the one my brother in law picked up on Ebay, I think it was called the Aero? I had a play with it and it is a very solid reel. What really impressed me was the ability to change spools with the push of a button and also the guage of the aluminium used for the spool had to have been close to 3mm, extremely heavy duty stuff. If they are anywhere near as good as the trusted and proven BTR's then Shimano will be on a good thing.

Only one downside, its a pity they dont make a smaller Baitrunner thats comparable in size to a 1500-2000 series reel, there would be a big market for it.

Interesting!!!!

The bottom one looks exactly like the one my brother in law picked up on Ebay, I think it was called the Aero? I had a play with it and it is a very solid reel. What really impressed me was the ability to change spools with the push of a button and also the guage of the aluminium used for the spool had to have been close to 3mm, extremely heavy duty stuff. If they are anywhere near as good as the trusted and proven BTR's then Shimano will be on a good thing.

Only one downside, its a pity they dont make a smaller Baitrunner thats comparable in size to a 1500-2000 series reel, there would be a big market for it.

hey cap it is the aero, they normally retail for $280 but as mentioned before they are reduced to $139. These reels have been trial in the UK and got great results and now they are marketing them for Aus.

Sorry dont mean to offend the owners of this site or sponsors

But Shimano are having a factory sale at two tackle shops....listen to the radio

Well with the rain hammering down....it means the young fella wont play footy so.....

have to convince the :wife: that i should go check out the specials....

Guest danielinbyron

my flat mate went into super a mart sports to buy one and was told that they would beat any advertised price by 10%.. went back out to car got mos catalogue .... they said they wouldn't match net dealers .. he said if you find a web site in here good luck ... picked up a 6500b for 162dollars brand spankin