Yellowfin At Kiama Canyons

SEAFEARER

hi guys,

Sounds like the fin were up and down the coast yesterday, my mate and i were going to do a bit of snapper fishing we headed out from Port Kembla.Conditions were perfect on the water so after a little deliberation headed off for the canyons. Half way out ther we seen birds divebombing as we approached with lures out we seen dolphins smashing garfish great to see.We trolled for a while and had a little fin 8kg on board. Decided to keep going to the canyons in search of a bigger one, a couple of the dolphins decided to give us a guided path there they stayed with us for about 2kms it was great stuff. about 2kms off the canyons we put lures back out, we approach what we though was a dead dolphin floating on the surface as we approached it slow submerged, it was a GREAT WHITE SHARK !!!! ,big as the boat,it's dorsal fin looked as big as a boogie board with my mate shaking and telling me to get out of there as quickly as i can in quite colourful language we made it out to our spot. trolled for about 2hrs with no luck,decided to cube but with limited pillies only had two blocks.After around 1hr we had them in our trail,they were looking hungry,probably thinking these tight-arses dont like throwing too many pillies over.By the time we run out of pillies and NE started to roll in we had 2 more fin weighing 25kgs and our best a 32kg specimen. only got the one photo before battery run out,didnt matter though because the photo was of my mates ist fin only a baby but his second one 25kgs stretched him. Now he wants to go back this weekend!

Bloody hell!! is there a raider that didnt catch a yellowfin on the weekend?? :074:

Well done mate :thumbup:

Fished rocks at Kernell one leatherjacket about 20cm's :mad3:

Nice report Spooled Again, must be awesome to see a shark that size up close, well done with the fishing as well.

Edited by Evil

Fished rocks at Kernell one leatherjacket about 20cm's :mad3:

Nice report Spooled Again, must be awesome to see a shark that size up close, well done with the fishing as well.

It was great, my mate didn't think so,he couldn't get out of there quick enough

Fin everywhere :thumbup::yahoo:

that white would get the heart pumping for sure

:dito: that. Nobody could've asked for better weather conditions over the past few days, either! Why didn't I get out there? :ranting2: Well done, Spooled Again :thumbup::yahoo: . Not many people have seen a great white up close - what an amazing experience. Are you having trouble posting that pic?

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

:dito: that. Nobody could've asked for better weather conditions over the past few days, either! Why didn't I get out there? :ranting2: Well done, Spooled Again :thumbup::yahoo: . Not many people have seen a great white up close - what an amazing experience. Are you having trouble posting that pic?

Flattieman.

yeah i am.My mate wants to see his ist little fin up in lights.i have seen the post ken put up on how to re-size them but i dont seem to have any luck