Joey

James

I believe 2 games is more then enough punishmentfor Joey.

The officials stuffed up (again) and as a result the match result was not completed in a fair manner. Who knows, Newcastle could of got another set of six and failed to score, and still lost the game in the same score.

As for the swearing, I believe it can be justified, due to blatant mistake made by the touch judge, yes it was less then 5m in front of him. The game was in the 79th minute, on edge where any team could of won. Overall the game was a very important one, as a Knights win would of probably cemented them as 3rd, with a home semi final and almost certaintly a second chance come semi time. Now due to that error, who knows they could end up 8th.

Alot of points have been raised about the younger generation, and setting an example. I totally agree with this point, but mind you im sure if you were a child spectator at the game you would of heard alot of swearing towards the officials, not only from Johns.

The touch judges these days have alot to answer for. They seem to miss obvious calls all the time, and when they do interrup, the ref has to pay their call, even if it overrides his call, whom is correct the majority of the time. Im 100% positive every rational spectator at the ground on friday wouldnt of minded waiting for 1 replay, maybe 15seconds, in order to get the correct decision. It was the 79th minute, time could of been called off, the correct decision would of been made, and everybody would be happy.

One last thing about yet another fine to a coach for comments made within a post match conference. Players and coaches are sick of dodgy ruling's by officials, raise their points in a interview, and end up getting fined. Absolute joke.

PS: Anybody see Carney's offside in the Canberra Tigers Match. You cant tell me he was onside.

G`day Fellas ,

Esky , the troubble with people today is, they are programmed to be blame shifters.

It wasn`t my fault , no one told me , he smiled at me , It wasn`t my fault , he stopped suddenly , and so it goes on.

Newcastle were gone , the Forwards were spent , and the game was lost long before that incident .

Its time for footballers , to cop it on the chin and get on with it , because I think all this krap is soley related to justifying the huge salaries being paid to these players.

But and how petulant was that rumour he was off to england again , fair dinkum .

Peronally I think he should have never come back from that injury , because he has never been the same since , and the Orign didin`t help any.

I just hope he ends his carrer in one piece , I honestly do , nothing worse to see a fallen star of any code.

We will have another team in next year , and if The NRL had their way it would be even more , which means more games for all Players , and lets face it , most teams have had at least 2/3 players out for at least 5/6 games or more .

It can only get worse , and the pressure obviously will be even greater , so I believe this extra impost will sadly see the end of most senior players next year .

Too many games , too much asked of them all!.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

No matter what level you play coming up through the ranks , if you abuse an official you will be punished for it... i know because i am a player and an official. Most people dont appreciate officials until they have been in there shoes and seen firsthand how hard it is..

In Joeys case, YES he deserves to be punished , i can see his point of view very clearly as i am an emotional athlete too but rules are rules and if they fail to punish him simply because its Joey Johns then they are setting a precedent and loophole for other players to get away with it too, or if they punish another player then they are making a contradiction of themselves.

No one likes to see great players miss games but 2 things should happen here

1. Joey should realise his mistake and stop carrying on like a spoilt git

2. the judiciary should give him 1 week , enough to teach him a lesson but not so much as to spoil a teams season...

And just for the record, i am NOT a knights fan

Why do we punish players who abuse officials but players who participate in on-field brawls go virtually unpunished?!?! Are we saying to our kids that its wrong to abuse the ref but its ok inflict physical violence on a fellow player?!?

Cheers

Col

G`day Fellas ,

IMO , people in general in this day and age , have become so desensitised to violence , it hardly matters anymore what is done on a sporting field .

Such is the case today , because we see so much of it , one hardly raises an eyebrow , unless of course its yours or my kid thats carried off the field needing 10 odd stitches after being Coat hangered or crushed in a gang tackle.

Lets face it , you only have to see the gratuitous Vilonce in movies , that are being watched by unsupervised kids today to understand why.

Why anyone feels the need To carry Realism to the extreme ,of showing someone being murdered ( generally a female ) by having their held tilted back and a large shiny blade drawn accross their throat , with blood squitring metres into the air , covering everything in sight , is beyond me , I think it`s sick !.

Ask yourself how you learnt your times tables at school when you were young ( you sat with legs crossed in the classroom reciting them over and over again ) untill it was burnt into your brain forever .

Today also , the majority of footie players are simply running Tanks , never saw too many 90/5 kilo wingers or centers when I was an avid follower.

So , such is the nature of this code now , most of todays athletes are grossly over trained ,overplayed , and overpaid , and they behave accordingly.

Then of course , it might just be down to the Steroids or other bodily enhancers too many of them use to keep themselves on the field all year , who knows , there`s always an excuse for everyhting these days .

Mick

Only My opinion of course , Two times two is Four , two times three is six..........

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

I totally disagree..

I dont think we have become more violent at all, if anything we have become less violent. Back in the days of watching footy you were almost guarateed a fight, and there was no punishment for it either, the most is maybe if your unlucky issing a game or two....I remember i used to watch the state of origin just for the fights..These days fights are few and far between, because of fines, court, match ban etc. Also head high tackleshave been cracked down on massivley in the last 5 years, with fines being up in the 15 to 20 thousand dollar mark...And as far as im aware footy players have always been 90 - 110kg and they definately dont use steroids...

I think poor old Johns deserves a break, leave the bloke alone, he is going through a rough patch just like everybody else does in there lives only johns has a gang of media press following his everymove so people can speculate, judge and put him down...put yourself in his shoes, and leave the poor bloke alone...