Browns 2/9 Yft

pageboy

Hi All

New to posting but have been watching this site for a while gleaning information so I thought it was time to give some information back . Watched the forecasts closely all week for my first trip out to browns , my boat is on the small side -5.5m so I had been waiting for a day like yesterday to make the trip . Conditions were fantastic and we had a great ride out there seeing a couple of whales and hundreds of dolphins . We started cubing straight away and did so for about 3 hours . Got a little lazy and just let one hang out in the current with a sinker to hold it down in the trail and after handfeeding pillies back for hours that was the one that got hit . It was only a small fish about 6kg but was my first fin so I was pretty stoked to say the least . Had a few better fish come up at the back of the boat and obviously they had swam straight past my baits and were just hoovering up the berley, by the time i got one of the baits in they were long gone . They seemed a little finicky as we also had a few pillies pinched off the hooks with little pressure to indicate a fish - must have just be the little guys .

After another hour we decided to have a troll and picked up another a little bigger almost straight away then nothing again despite marking the spot and trolling patterns around it . After that we decided to head in . Just wide of 12 mile there was a stack of bait with the dolphins getting stuck in and despite trolling the area for anothe half hour nothing . We did however see a rather large marlin finning on the surface right on 12 mile reef - there was about 8 feet between his dorsal fin and tail so I guess he was pretty decent . He didn't want to play so we gave up and headed home . Didn't get onto the fin i've been hearing so much about but learnt a few things and got a couple of nice little ones for the fathers day BBQ .

Cheers

post-2486-1157236258_thumb.jpg

:1welcomeani: Pageboy.

Congrats on getting your first yellowfin

and on your first trip out.

Well done :thumbup:

It's a shame the marlin could't be

tempted.There seems to be one

spotted every trip out.I'm not sure

if you tried this but a livie cast out

or trolled would be the best method

to hook one as it seems they are

shying away from the lures.

ay do u guys rekon if i go out to port kembla and i go out around 5-6km out i will get a yellowfin or see yellowfin skooln because i have seen big skools before what i thought have been bluefin tuna or stripies just 2km out wats ur answer?

Guest Big-Banana

I dont understand, the forecasters got it wrong again! :thumbdown:

Look at that sea, gotta love that. Although it always seems on the more uncomfortable days you score better on the fish.

Nice work on the fin'!!! :biggrin2: