New Dvd- Kingfish Secrets

netic

Hey guys,

Has anyone watched Kingfish Secrets by #%$%^&(*

I watched it over the weekend and was a bit Dissapointed

Felt that there wasnt enough emotion in it and it didnt get me pumped to go fishing like the xxxxxxxxxx DVD or the Ifish series did.

Any other comments

Hi Netic,

i felt the same thing when i watched Jewfish secrets, excellent fish and valuble tips, but boring as old shoes to watch them barely crack a smile after they have landed what would be a fish of a lifetime for the viewer. i think its more a watch it once and pass it on dvd.

i really enjoy watching the xxxxxxxxxx video over and over, just like the IFish series that lives in my DVD player, and i think that once the xxxxxxxxxx refine their film and aside presentation techniques they will be the next IFish team!

I'd love to see netic directing a fishing video!

"Come on Dave - I want you to really feel the emotion! You've just come home after a hard day's work and now you're doing the thing you love most! Feel the fishing spirit - live your motivation baby - you're a SUPERSTAR you know that you are!"

:biggrin2:

But seriously - despite the lack of inspiration (which I agree can make or break a DVD) was it an informative vid? Did it give good tips etc?

:thumbdown: Geez fella's your a bit harsh!! :thumbdown: perhaps because it didn't show any fishos groping a chick?? :074::074: I found the DVD most informative and great value for money. I like the fact that he doesn't just show catching fish he actually talks about different fishing techniques, bait gathering techniques, rigging techniques, sounder techniques and fishes 3 different locations (Sydney Harbour, Broken Bay and Terrigal) It is the best of the DVD's I have purchased recently. If you love your Kingfishing and haven't caught enough of the buggers like me and are open to inproving, then put it on the must have list. :thumbup::thumbup:

I will be sure to post my future catches from jigging and downrigging thanks to help from this DVD :thumbup: .

Edited by Orley

Thanks Orley

As a new boat owner I have identified kingies as my #1 target this season, and have an appetite for any info/tips that could help me get into a few. I ordered the xxxxxxxxxxx DVD over the web as soon as it was released and, whilst I have enormous respect for both Dans and their fishing prowess, and really enjoyed the video, I was left wanting more!

More big kingies, more tips, more locations, more rigs!!!!!

I reckon I might have to get a copy of this DVD.

got it the day it came out actually and have watched it many times over, couldnt care less if there are chicks or guys jumping around mad, all i want is techniues to catch them bigger, more often and some new spots to try especially for catching live squid in the harbour.

i liked jewfish secrets and kingfish secrets more. the two dans one is level in my opinion

cheers.

Edited by Kingies till i die

I reckon the two best at making fishing DVD’s are Steve Starling & Rod Harrison. Both are informative & have a zest for fishing that’s shines through but don’t have to carry on like a goose to be entertaining & are in no way wooden in their presentation.

I'd love to see netic directing a fishing video!

But seriously - despite the lack of inspiration (which I agree can make or break a DVD) was it an informative vid? Did it give good tips etc?

there was a few good tips in the video but nothing new, Peter Le Blang (who is in the DVD in Pittwater) was one of the guys who taught me alot about fishing and also showed me how to use a downriger.

If you wanna learn how to catch kings give him a call and jump on his charter, trust me you will jump off knowing a hell of alot more.

Ahh Netic - great minds think alike!!

I am currently in contact with PLB re a daytrip in the next month or so.

But thanks for the tip, and hope you don't mind the friendly banter above! :biggrin2:

Thats fine buddy, You will learn alot from him and he is a great bloke, I spoke to him a few days ago and he has found a nice pocket of kings that im sure you will be able to rip into.

Now i just gotta find the time to get out to pittwater to rip into some of these kings myself