Crocodile Hunter Dead

pekingduck

Here's something to get angry about

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20362163-2,00.html

Feminist Greer slams Steve's antics

By Fiona Hudson in London

September 06, 2006 01:00am

AS glowing tributes and praise for Steve Irwin filled newspapers and television screens around the world, fellow Australian Germaine Greer launched a distasteful tirade on the much-loved Crocodile Hunter yesterday.

Most London papers carried sympathetic news articles, features, columns and obituaries mirroring the disbelief felt in Australia.

But Greer launched a scathing attack on Irwin, declaring "the animal world has finally taken its revenge".

In her column in The Guardian newspaper, Greer said the wildlife warrior displayed the "sort of self-delusion it takes to be a real Aussie larrikin".

"There was no habitat, no matter how fragile or finely balanced, that Irwin hesitated to barge into," she wrote. "Every creature he brandished at the camera was in distress."

"The animal world has finally taken its revenge, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing 10 times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo owners in their turn."

London's The Daily Telegraph dubbed Irwin "a bloody good bloke" and likened him to Bob Geldof for pledging his own money to save endangered creatures.

The Sun gave half its front page to a photo of Irwin and quoted British botanist David Bellamy saying: "I had a good cry when I heard the terrible news. Why did it happen to such an important and talented guy?"

Even the staid Financial Times ran an obituary, noting Irwin's "accessible approach marked a distinct break from the more didactic style of earlier generations of nature presenters".

Yes I read that and I was disgusted, the old slapper is grasping for what little fame she has left and it is just a cry to be heard.

Steve will continue to do more good from beyond the grave than that old bra burning cow could ever hope to do. I only hope that when the old bitch kicks it that someone writes something similarly nasty about her :1badmood:

Y'know, I've no idea why Germaine is jumping up and down about this - Steve lived to fight for animals. Considering she's an animal, I can't figure out why she didn't like him. Great to also see how she made all of this public whilst Steve was still alive - so she isn't seen as a coward.

Flattieman.

Germaine Greer is a left over has been from the 60's who need's to be grabbed by the ears, bent over the kitchen table and punched in the pants.

Any volunteers-----I thought not, so off you go Greer, climb back up your tree and into the arms of your primate girlfriend you sour faced Looney Tune. :mad3:

An 8 year old and a 3 year old child loose their father and their your words of comfort that they may cherish, you impartial black hearted bitch. :thumbdown:

Now there’s freedom of speech, objectivity, open mindedness and equality for all right back at ya :1yikes:

Martin

Guest johblow

I'd like to see that f'ing b greer get back into the country in once piece. Karma will take care of her... she is obviously in dire need of a r**t, but no ones offering, for obvious reasons. There we go a bit of shauvinism to balance out the extreme feminazi!!!

Y'know, I've no idea why Germaine is jumping up and down about this - Steve lived to fight for animals. Considering she's an animal, I can't figure out why she didn't like him. Great to also see how she made all of this public whilst Steve was still alive - so she isn't seen as a coward.

Flattieman.

:Funny-Post:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hi guys, it is pretty sad aye ... cant get over it.

does anyone know what type of ray it was?

people keep saying that the ray didnt attack him, it accidently moved its tail towards him.

Is there any talk of how it actually happened?

do u think the ray attacked Steve?

Guest danielinbyron

however untactful greer may be and thats the style that gets her listened to... to some degree she has a point... some of the things that guy did to wild life in the name of education and lets not kid ourselves self promotion were to say at the very least, questionable....

and did you ever wonder how harry butler kept finding those critters under the first rock or log.... something to do with the mobile cool room they traveled with...

but he had a good crack and a great heart.... died doing what he loved... and unlike many theorists achieved some great things..

Dsnt matter how he dies but he will be deply missd as he was very entertainig and teaching kids the dangers of some species im very disgusting of seein accurent affair last week with a australian lady on the show saying he deserved to die and he was killing the animals.....Wat a bitch!

Kabz

• 3 months later...

It now seems that Steve Irwin was almost bitten by a deadly sea snake the day before he died.

This story appears in today's newspapers including the picture of the snake.

Pete.

Irwin's final stunt

ADVENTURER Steve Irwin diced with death on the day before he died when he was nearly bitten by a venomous sea snake after plucking it from the water in an action scene for his ill-fated television documentary.

As part of a show called Ocean's Deadliest, Irwin is seen swimming with the 2m snake before lifting it out of the ocean for the camera. But seconds later he had a lucky escape when the snake nearly bit him.

The sequence was filmed on September 3, the day before he was fatally wounded when a stingray's barb pierced his heart.

In the show, which will appear in Steve's Australia on the Discovery Channel next year, Irwin tells the camera: "Here is the biggest sea snake I've ever seen in my life.

"His body is fatter than my arm and almost as fat as my leg.

"What a ripper."

Irwin said the snake must have fangs "chockablock full of venom", but is fairly gentle and non-aggressive unless it is angry.

But as he stands chest deep in clear blue water the snake turns on Irwin.

Irwin shrieks: "Lucky he didn't have his mouth open there. You could see how 'ol Steve-O could've taken a hit."

Three of his colleagues, including Philippe Cousteau, grandson of the famous oceanographer Jacques Cousteau, are seen in a small boat bobbing behind him. The next day, Irwin would spend his final moments on the boat's deck as friends tried to save him.

Cousteau completed Ocean's Deadliest alone in the weeks after Irwin's death. He is seen diving with great white sharks and handling the most toxic creature in the ocean, the box jellyfish.

Irwin's death is never acknowledged in the documentary and Cousteau explains the Crocodile Hunter's absence from some sequences by saying Irwin was "on the mainland, setting crocodile traps".

Different portions of the show, some with Irwin and some without, are edited out of chronological order to make it appear as if Irwin comes and goes.

An Animal Planet spokesman said that producers had intended to include both adventurers in every sequence.

post-1685-1167429436_thumb.jpg

Guest johblow

On a lighter note, and speaking of box jelly fish, there is a Sir Les quote on them: "Box jellyfish have been known to go for men as well on occasions..."