Catching Squid In Botany Bay

big_steve

some of the bigger ones i've caught have been at the hot water outlet, not there in great numbers but the size is generally larger for some reason. watts reef is a more productive area.

another way i've caught them is to be lazy, when drifting anywhere in the bay i have had a daisy chain type rig with 3 different sized squid jig (biggest on the bottom about 1/2 mtr apart) just bouncing along just off the bottom.

i havent targeted them in over a year as i've been more into lure fishing so i hope someone can give you more up to date info.

Brian Could you expand on your comment

I have had a daisy chain type rig with 3 different sized squid jig (biggest on the bottom about 1/2 mtr apart) just bouncing along just off the bottom.

Do you mean a dropper rig (ie Snapper rig)

If I recall correctly "Daisy Chain" was when the stem of the second daisy was placed in a small slot near the end of the stem of the first & so on until all the flowers were linked together

Is this what you are reffering , if so how do you link them together

Geoff

Gday steve

I have been wondering this too. A bloke at the local tackle store told me he usually catches them over near La peruse (near bare island)

I had a crack at them on the weekend, but no joy. I'm really keen to hit some. both to eat myself, and for the kingies

Brian Could you expand on your comment

I have had a daisy chain type rig with 3 different sized squid jig (biggest on the bottom about 1/2 mtr apart) just bouncing along just off the bottom.

Do you mean a dropper rig (ie Snapper rig)

If I recall correctly "Daisy Chain" was when the stem of the second daisy was placed in a small slot near the end of the stem of the first & so on until all the flowers were linked together

Is this what you are reffering , if so how do you link them together

Geoff

its real lazy goeff, simply tie a loop in th line pass it through like a dropper pass the line down to the spikes then wrap it once around 1 spike on the main line to hold it against the line then down to the next and repeat etc.

i found if you just have them hanging loose they will tangle so keeping them tight against the line is similar to a daisy chain.

hope you can understand that i've had a few :beersmile::beersmile:

its real lazy goeff, simply tie a loop in th line pass it through like a dropper pass the line down to the spikes then wrap it once around 1 spike on the main line to hold it against the line then down to the next and repeat etc.

i found if you just have them hanging loose they will tangle so keeping them tight against the line is similar to a daisy chain.

hope you can understand that i've had a few :beersmile::beersmile:

Brian Thanks for your response . Understand your description , tied nose to tail, will give it a try

Geoff

Hello. Jim and I used to get them near Molineux where that little beach part is. often topless women i have noticed! When they were on we would get heaps and big ones too! but then sometimes might only get 2 or 3 but they will get you straight away if they are there.

Not a good description but i suppose if you know mol you will know where i mean.

Hello. Jim and I used to get them near Molineux where that little beach part is. often topless women i have noticed! When they were on we would get heaps and big ones too! but then sometimes might only get 2 or 3 but they will get you straight away if they are there.

Not a good description but i suppose if you know mol you will know where i mean.

must try this spot :074:

I know where im fishin on the weekend....

HAHAHA

femalefisho u could have pm'd me this spot look all the other fellas will get there be4 me now hahaha

nah all in good fun,

thanks for the advice on where to squid guys,

hopefully i can nail a few this summer

time will def tell

cheers steve :1fishing1:

ok u guyes looking for the nude beach

its on the bare island side

and head out to sea on the northern side

there are 2 beaches

its not the first one

its the one thats further out to sea

enjoy

note there are blokes there to for u women aswell

its gotya work both ways or it dont work at all!!!

I fished near that beach(Little Congwong)once and I'll never do it again.

We pulled up dropped anchor and within minutes all these rock spiders emerged

on to various rocks,was not a pretty site let me tell you.Two of them were

engaged in behaviour thats best left in the bedroom.

My local paper says that residents nearby have formed an action group,to

try and make people wear their clothes or something at this beach,bcoz

of the actions of some of the men that frequent this beach,and also its not

a designated nudist beach.

So there,if your not into that sort of behaviour,you have been warned.

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

Yes correct penguin. Up until 2 years ago I lived in the Maroubra area born and bred Eastern Subs and that beach is not a "nudist" beach. Randwick Council voted not to make it a "clothing optional" beach. It is a beach that harbours mostly men. There is also a real problem with littering from the by products of activitites that go on there.

Public notices were put up asking persons who witness any incidents of offensive behaviour to report them to Crime Stoppers!!!

Yes a nice little spot but don't venture down the stairs to that beach unless you have an open mind :1yikes:

Go around to Yarra Bay for a dip, much nicer :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Sorry to get :offtopic: , maybe this should go to The Bar :biggrin2: