Botany Bay/cooks River

stafford

G'Day Raiders,

Took my son and Misses out Yesterday for a bit of fun, on the water by 6:50am, first stop was the Eastern side of the break wall, was there for about 20mins with no luck. :thumbdown:

Went over and fished the Tug boats moored on the eastern side of the Oil loaders Wharf for around 30 Squire's and one 87cm flathead, squire caught between the 3 of us and the Flathead fell to a number 4 bloodworm squidgy wriggler as did the 12 squires I landed.

Got a bit windy and then went over to the 3rd run-way for only a couple of squires. :mad3:

Sped off over to the groins at kernell and came across plenty of trevally schooling up, between the 3 of us we landed 12 trevally and lost about 8 around the boat, biggest went 47.5cms to the fork and caught by yours truly, it went quiet for about 35mins and then we came across a school of bream and some nice bream to with my wife landing the biggest one out of the 7 that were caught going 34.5cms to the fork and all fish fell to 3" Berkley Bass minnows in pumpkin seed, none of the bream where under 30cms :thumbup:

It was now 12:30 and the wind got stronger :mad3: , we decided to go over to the Cooks River for an hour before going home, out of the wind and my wife and son decided to have a snooooozzzzzzzeeeeee :thumbup: fish to myself, didn't muck around and went straight up to this wall I found a week ago to see if they were still there, first cast 28cm bream, second cast 26cm bream, 5mins later and about my 12th cast and a 32cm bream, 13th cast another 26cm bream, then on my 14th cast got completely blown away by either a big bream or flathead in 3 feet of water zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bang, wife heard it and said you should have caught that, go back to sleep I said :ranting2: new leader and was into it again with another 3 under size bream landed and a 33cm to the fork landed, dam I said let's go honey I'll let you have the biggest bream for the day and didn't she rub it in too. :ranting2:

On our way back to Botany boat ramp we stopped at the 3rd runway to talk to my wifes boys and watched them pull in 3 25kg Port Jacksons, they said they had already caught 2 and the boat over to the left of them hand landed 7 but that was all that was there. Any way time to go and do some work enjoy.

Jason.

Edited by stafford

Did the squires have any size to them?

:dito: that... Sounds like a fantastic day! :yahoo: Do you have a pic of the flattie, mate? - 87cm isn't to be frowned upon! :thumbup::yahoo: Congrats! It might have possibly been one of those Cooks jewies that blew you away, Jason.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

:dito: that... Sounds like a fantastic day! :yahoo: Do you have a pic of the flattie, mate? - 87cm isn't to be frowned upon! :thumbup::yahoo: Congrats! It might have possibly been one of those Cooks jewies that blew you away, Jason.

Flattieman.

Sorry no Photo's guys, just after I measured him he wriggled over the side, was going to release it any way, biggest flatty I ever caught with plastics was a 120cms at the end of 3rd runway, the squires were between 15cm to 32cm fork length, boy they give you a good bit of stick too.