Hawkesbury 23/24 Sept

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Well what a way to end off the week.

The darling :wife: gave me leave to spend the night on the water. So packed the boat furiously on friday night while trying to keep up with the Broncos and the Doggies match. Left early Sat morning and met up with a good mate and Wayne at the ramp. Armed with at least 8 good jewie rods between the three of us we headed out.

Went straight to a run in spot. Fished the tide and no luck. Moved onto spot no two and caught a few livies. Put some down and waited. Long story short - another mate and his wife have pulled up alongside for a yabber and then my rod goes off. Could not believe my luck. After a short but strong fight we got a 5.2kg 76cm jewie in the boat. Yahoooo. A good fat fish much better than the one on Tuesday. That was me done for the weekend!

Wayne later got a very nice Flathead around the 5 kilo mark.

We ate well, drank well and just had a bloody good time in company of mates.

Slept out on the water on Saturday night. Still a bit too cold but you got to love it when you get woken at 5 ish by the Sea Hawk whistle and all you have to do to start fishing is cast your lines in.

My mate nailed a nice little Hairtail and continued to fish the tides for more Jewies but alas none more to be found.

We ( That is four of us on two boats ) continued to fish through to the big blow on Sunday and then headed home. Had 30 to 40 knott westerly to contend with on the way home and I reckon it just got worse into the afternoon.

Washed the boat and cleaned all the gear and the fish.

Had 1 inch thick Jewie cutlets grilled in butter and a green salad for dinner!!! Yum yum yum I like this Jewie fishing.

If you consider that we had at least 8 dedicated Jewie rods out in three different spots for at least 24 hours and only got one Jewie it shows you what kind of time and effort is needed to get the amazing fish.

Hey all in all the end of this week sees me a very happy camper with two 5kg jewies. After months of trying it has finally happened!

cheers

inhlanzi

post-1963-1159099599_thumb.jpg

Edited by inhlanzi

Ross you should have seen it was a struggle just to get up the channel from Juno and we were in before the real big blow. There were some cars smashed by falling tree branches on the Brooklyn Road I bet the poor SES blokes are flat out tonight.

cheers

inhlanzi

Well done on another succesfull fishing trip Inhlanzi.

It is still way too cold for me to be considering doing an all nighter.

My :wife: just says that I am a wus.

I was over Wayne's yesterday and saw his flattie and it was a beuty.

We got one from the Hawksbury about the same size as his only last weekend.

Regards

Paul.

& Paul - yes u r a wus!! :074: , mate when the :wife: says ur a wus about ur fishing - that can only be a good sign, gotta love ya peita :biggrin2:

Roy,

Your just as dirty as me that we didn't get to go out yesterday.

At least your going to get out this weekend.

There was a devious rumour that the snoring from one of the four "mates" kept the jewies away in the night. This is absolutely not true. :tease:

What a pleasure to spend 24 hours on the water with a good mate and then to meet some more. Thanks Wayne for the best burgers on the river.

Inhlanzi is one of those blokes who will put in the time and effort to reach his goals. Mike I hope your next Jewie goes double figures.

Jo

Congrats on the catch. :thumbup:

really dont want to start something here, but, if you see the thread titled "Christening new combo" the larger fish went 95cm and btw 5 & 6kgs & the smaller fish was measured at 80cm, which was approx 3-3.5kgs.

Again, not be littling the catch, EVERY jew is awesome on your line.

Regards

Congrats on the catch. :thumbup:

really dont want to start something here, but, if you see the thread titled "Christening new combo" the larger fish went 95cm and btw 5 & 6kgs & the smaller fish was measured at 80cm, which was approx 3-3.5kgs.

Again, not be littling the catch, EVERY jew is awesome on your line.

Regards

So what are you trying to say?

That you don't think that it was that heavy?

What can I say, mate - first the hairtail, now the jewies... consistently (fingers crossed!). :thumbup: Legend.

Flattieman.

have to agree with flattieman on that one, what ever fish you target in the future watch out, just do me a favour and save some for me lol

cheers.