Sydney Harbour 02/10/06

netic

Hey guys,

As scheduled had planned a trip to browns on Sunday and had a family picnic on Monday.

Woke up early on Sunday morning and went to Crazy Johns house to take out his New Cougar Craft on her Maiden Voyage.

NOw this boat is a beast, 6.4 metre with all the extras, 200hp Etec, electris floodlights top of the range Finder, Kill Tank ...you name it this boat has it.

Got to Kyeemagh and bumped into Sammy and CFD.

Launched the boat and headed for browns, trolled from the shelf to browns for No hits.

Got to browns and started to cube, only a 2 knot current so thought we would get on for sure.

ABout 2 hours later John was looking a little quezzy and we were all very tired, (seeing all of us only had 2 hours sleep).

Didnt get any hits at all, Decided to troll back to the shelf and see if we could find any YFT.

No go unfortunately, trolled all the way back to the shelf without a touch and by this time we were all feeling extremely tired and thought lets head back in ( wanted to get back in time to have a snooze before the Grand Final).

Thanks to John for taking us out on his new rig and she got a good test as the weather was not perfect.

Later that night i got a call from my mate who was out at 12 mile who said that he heard a lot of boats getting on at around 2.30pm......Bad luck for us i guess.

Yesterday i was going for a family picnic to clifton gardens and we decided to take the boat aswell.

Around 10.00 am we decided to have a quick fish, head straight to north head and proceeded to troll.

In the less then an hour we had caught 15 Bonito all between 40-45 cm , 2 Salmon both around 60cm and 5 kings all undersized at around 55cm.

Decided to keep 1 Salmon and around 8 bonito, all other fish were released.

Were also planning another trip out in the afternoon but the wind blew up so we didnt bother.

Also saw called Mondo at Clifton Gardens, thought it might of been Mondo from Here...who knows??

Here are some pics of Yesterdays fish

Edited by netic

Guest IFishSick.

Good work on the Tuna.

With the current, you know any sites showing the current speed?

Would like to know when to take the bottom bashing equipment for Brown's.

hey netic,was that your boat parked on the sand with the fishraider sticker on it,i was in the haines signature about 50 meters away,i was going to say hi but wasnt sure if it was you,we took the kids out for a fish ,but no good so headed back in before that gale force wind got to us

Good work on the Tuna.

With the current, you know any sites showing the current speed?

Would like to know when to take the bottom bashing equipment for Brown's.

Mate the current was quite slow, sorry dont know any sites

good stuff mate,

what were you trolling?

CFD

Trolling red/white CD-9's

good onya tiger about that sydney report would have had some fun there.

to bad about the trip to browns.

do you think its safe to say the bulk of the yellowfin are now gone?

Mate they are still there just not in as many numbers as August,

My mate caught 3 on Friday morning about 10.00am, thats why we planned a morning trip.

As stated in my report, many people were catching them in the afternoon on sunday.

Just comes down to being there at the right time

hey netic,was that your boat parked on the sand with the fishraider sticker on it,i was in the haines signature about 50 meters away,i was going to say hi but wasnt sure if it was you,we took the kids out for a fish ,but no good so headed back in before that gale force wind got to us

Mate that was us, thats my mates boat.....should have came and said hello