Hot Off The Press From The Jewfish Social

mrsswordfisherman

Good on them for being out there and giving it a go.

I will be at the weigh in tomorrow morning to catch up with them all.

Hi all ,Jewhunter ,Robthefisherman and myself ventured up to have a crack at the jews at a local beach and boy did we get some beauties :074: .

First was Grant into a lovely dog shark :thumbdown: ,great start .

Next was Robs turn to make amends for our slackness and proceeded to smash the record for Catfish :1yikes: and landed a beautiful specimen of 65 cms :074: .

Now we are on fire and I was waiting for my turn to hook a skate or ray or a port jacko :thumbdown: .

I finally got a hit on a large slab of blackfish and it was a Jew but the bloody thing dropped the bait and just gave me back a very nicely scaled fillet, crushed :05: .

We decided to crash out for a while on the beach and wake at low tide around 2 am ,but when I opened my eyes it was nearly sun up :074: zzzzzzzzz the three of us slept like babies except for the fireworks around 12 am .

Great night on the beach guys and I thoroughly enjoyed myself .

post-256-1160280438_thumb.jpg

post-256-1160280458_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Sounds like you had a good time there Swordie,

Well done on your catfish Rob :tease:

It was good to meet up with you guys this morning.

Hope every one had a top time and the fish turned it on.

Mean time I'm having a break before I get back to work. A bit dissapointed I could not attend, but thats life and work.

The wind has started to pick up so hope all are Ok on the water

Cheers

Martin

how much did you pay rob to accept responsability for the catty stewy? (we know your the catfish king) :074:

Robthecatfisherman was tickled pink to take the honours of the biggest catfish caught by a raider ever and I thank him from the bottom of my heart :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Robthecatfisherman was tickled pink to take the honours of the biggest catfish caught by a raider ever and I thank him from the bottom of my heart :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

well tickled pink might be a tad of an exageration I reckon stewy, I'm not sure what was worse Brian, cleaning up on dozens of sweep at the sambo social or record catfish at the jew social.

I have a feeling if we have a crap fish social I'll catch something decent :1prop:

It was a top night though and the company and incredible moonrise over broken bay made up for the lack of fish, thanks for the casting tips Grant they made huge difference.