Cracker Morning On The Parra

mottyman

Hi guys and girls,

I managed a sneaky RDO today and took the tinnie down the parra very early to fish the run in tide.

Tried a few deeper holes in the Parra itself for a few touches but not a fish in the boat. Not off to a great start... :mad3:

Moved into Hen and Chicken and fished the moored boats near the rowing club for one flattie and heaps of little hits - finally hooked one and it was a whiting about as big as my thumb... :mad3:

Again, not really impressed but... having a nice day out none the less. :biggrin2:

So... after all that mucking around the tide is almost high so I decide to move up towards the back of Hen and Chicken to see what's around.

First cast in near the wall and woooshka!!! I'm on and the little Okuma AV20 is singing its head off. This fish took me around the boat twice which was great fun and finally I landed a very exhausted bream of about 36cm or so. Quick pick and back she went. I actually had to give her a little swim before she gave me a splash in the face... :yahoo:

I fished for another couple of hours boating more flatties, a load of bream around the 30cm mark, some better with a few smaller ones thrown in to keep me honest. All taken on the one outfit, 4lb braid, 8lb leader.

Was back off the water at 11:30 and home to clean up the boat and gear, do a little work and chuck a report up. :thumbup:

Think I'll put my feet up for the arvy now.... Lovely. :074:

Here's some pics of the captures today, and one of the boat with my new fishraider stickers on.

post-237-1160452046_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452021_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160451999_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160451971_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452158_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452175_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452199_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452220_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452323_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452341_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452357_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452380_thumb.jpg

post-237-1160452442_thumb.jpg

Hope to see you out there some time.

Cheers

David.

Good on ya David! That's a ripper session mate! :thumbup: I can't seem to do so well on the camos but u're on fire with them! :1yikes: That's a horse 36, well bloody done! Nice pics too.. :clapping:

Cheers

Ronald

PS. Did u just use up the whole packet for a session? :074: recycle mate.. recycle.. :074:

Edited by crystalliser

Hey, thanks guys, definately give them a go more often and pick up a few packs to keep handy. I find just letting the boat drift along giving them a little twich now and then works great.

The whiting went a touch over 30cm from memory...

Cheers

David.

Woohooo!! :yahoo::yahoo:

That's a top session Motty. Well done mate.

The Bream have been a bit on the small side of late so it's good to see you got a thumper.

Last time I was down there I said in fish talk," your Uncle David is going to visit you soon so play nice,eat his gulp worms & he'll let you go". :074::074: Glad to see they listened!

Cheers,

Grant.

Great Session Dave,

Looks like you have those camo worms worked out on Bream :biggrin2: . Out of interest were you getting many missed hookups (i do when i use worms :thumbdown: )and what size hook were you using.

BM

Yeah mate, I always get a few missed hookups as well. I'm sure alot of them are whiting, toads and that sort of thing. I'm using squidgy ball heads, size 4 hook (I think...)

Yep CFD, always nice to get the triple....

Grant, good on you for sorting the fish out for me... they played although one at least was a little dirty but got him sorted in the end... :074:

Thanks again all, I had a great day. :thumbup:

Cheers

David.

hey nice report there dude just wnted to ask ya how u use that worm lure do u jig it or just reel it slowly of the ggroubd?

Hey kabz,

I just slow roll it over the bottom with a few little jiggles with the rod tip every now and then. Slowly with small jiggles is the key for me anyway. Give them a go and let us know how you fair.

Cheers,

David.

do i put pretty big jighead or smll plus ill be using them this weekend and the port hcking riverill tell u how i do

Thnks alot

Hi Kabz,

Mate, match your jig head to the conditions on the day (ie, current flow, depth, wind, etc etc). Just enough to get to the bottom and hold it on a slow retrieve should do the trick.

I haven't fished the hacking river for a long time so can't offer much advice there I'm afraid. I know the water is the system is usually extremely clear and the fish can be very spooky in the shallower areas so light as possible jig heads and leaders I guess but it depends really on the areas your going to fish.

Cheers

David.

thanks alot dude defintely use em cause i have one dat i got from the fishing monthly magazine stinks like shit a berkley one ill cut it in half and try it out and also might use the technique u use put the jighead around the middle of the worm not from the top more easier to catch the fish like dat

thanks alot for all the advice dude how u do well nextr time u go